ande whall contest thread

aleopold

I trust Ande will find us something special, in regards to the denim choice.

I know he's already mentioned adding a Special Roll option to his regular line via his webstore.

I think we could get a unanimous decision from all of us to request he use one of the Special Rolls that he has access to, for this contest as well?

im more so concerned with the cut that is being used. Weight isnt really an issue im up for whatever. LHT would be a huge selling point for me id probably be in in a heart beat then im dying for a nice pair of LHT. I also like the custom leather patch idea. Hidden arcs and LHT and put my name on the list.

not to derail the LHT discussion but since I've recently purchased them, the SEXFHXRR10's are the best LHT twill I've ever owned. Stunning pair, highly recommended.

With that said, I'm open to anything for this contest. If LHT was secured by Ande, I'm all for it.

I think we could get a unanimous decision from all of us to request he use one of the Special Rolls that he has access to, for this contest as well?

why settle for special, when we can get super special.... :eek:

I just heard from Ande. He said that he had a lot of options for denim, and that he will post some different swatches on the thread soon.

It seems he's pretty open to hearing our suggestions, so if anyone has any specific ideas, feel free to throw them out. He also said he was open to a contestant designed patch. So if anyone wants to give that shot, go ahead. If we have multiple designs, we can all vote. Could someone post the measurements of the current patches? I would do it, but my Ande's are getting repaired at the moment.

c7f94dbe.jpg

Try this again

I like the idea of bringing this back

We are past 30 now, but a lot of those people have conditions based on price, details.

I think we'll just keep letting that list grow, and wait until we hear more from Ande before trying to nail down the list of 30.

He also said he was open to a contestant designed patch. So if anyone wants to give that shot, go ahead.

Patch design is not really my forte but my vote would go to a big thick ol' piece of bridle leather, maybe engraved with a simple AW design, with the contest # and perhaps Ande's sig on it. Nothing that requires complex tooling etc. Something like this. Old school baby.

(not my pic)

onpTv.png

^ Simple gets my vote. That Imperial cali bear + star was awesome.

Have a list of 15, a list of 30 and an extra list and when details and price come out, people who cross their name off, the next person moves down the list.

And if after the details come out everyone wants in, the 'conditional' guys get cut first.

Firm entries that bail on us get blackballed for life. ;)

Overdye sounds like a good option....maybe not black but indigo overdye?? Just not to forget, the nicer the fabric, the more expensive the becomes.... $400+ overdyes would be out of range ><

With the few who have recently expressed interest, we have to be close to 30?

What about an overdyed indigo like the self edge iron hearts?

Marquis Phillips uses a "Roogle" for their wine labels. A half eagle/ kangaroo. Since AW is a kiwi and not Aussie; a half kiwi or sheep with a cow or bull a "cowi" or "kill" the cow or bull would be for the leather, the kiwi obviously for Ande.

I got pm'd yesterday from someone who has a 13 ton press that would likely do the stamping trick.