ande whall contest thread

aleopold

time to start this thread up as the other should be for general talk. so, direct all your ande whall contest chit chat here.

updates soon to follow....

edit: 23/1/11 20:50

Here's the confirmed group of 15 contestants:

1. Robotbox

2. Poly800rock

3. aleopold

4. Crovax

5. Dawei94

6. Grooveholmes

7. Gold Soaked Afternoon

8. TLCA

9. Exit 40 MPH

10. Cents or Non Cents

11. theotherchrislewis

12. Dawei69

13. stresMaldo

14. nietenhosen

15. Dochunter*

-------------------------

Here is 16-30, given ande is able to produce 30 pairs.

16. Sbreslin

17. Caid

18. jigrushable*

19. Noodle36

20. Blackmaged*

21. thesmokestack

22. Fobe46

23. D4nvu

24. Jackboot

25. Jwsach*

26. smittybat*

27. Kit99bar*

28. Festival*

29. itschrisb

30. pgfpo

*awaiting response/further details

-----------------------------------------------

the denim has been chosen! thanks for the images ande.

14oz Green cast indigo warp. Weft yarn dyed light beige.

14ozgreen1.jpg

14ozgreen2.jpg

good thinking Aleopold. Contest talk was starting to clog up the other thread.

Any ideas on some cool goodies for contestants? With the Roy contest, some peeps contributed stuff (belts, bandanas) to the others in the contest. I'm trying to think of what I could offer, but my skills are most limited to art and coding.

^ you could make a sweet personalized avy for contestants?

i too have been thinking about that. i'm gonna wait and see how many people are participating first though, that way i can get a better idea of what is feasible.

Is there a finalized list? I have Some bridle leather if guys have belt buckles they want to use.

I just sent you a PM Noodle, but I guess I can go ahead and post the list for everyone's sake.

Here's the confirmed group of 15 contestants:

1. Robotbox

2. Poly800rock

3. Aleopold

4. Crovax

5. Dawei94

6. Grooveholmes

7. Gold Soaked Afternoon

8. TLCA

9. Exit 40 MPH

10. Cents or Non Cents

11. theotherchrislewis

12. Dawei69

13. stresMaldo

14. nietenhosen

15. Dochunter (he's the only one who hasn't responded to my PM yet)

And here's who else has expressed interest if the contest expands:

16. Sbreslin

17. Caid

18. jigrushable

19. Noodle36

20. Blackmaged

21. thesmokestack

22. Fobe46

23. D4nvu

So that's where we stand. 7 more people and the contest can hopefully bump up to 30 pairs. That is of course assuming everyone 16-30 are definite confirmations. I'd like for everyone to be on Sufu, but both Aleopold and I know some non-SuFu guys who may be interested in the contest to help us reach 30.

If someone has a stamp (1 ton or more) I could cut strips of the bridle leather, send it to the stamper, the custom stamp could be sent to the stamper, stamp out the patches; send the strips to Ande and we have custom one off patches. The only problem is that bridle leather is really thick. I have only seen similar leather used on patches for naked and famous 24 oz jeans. To sew them on would require a saddle stitching machine. It is the same leather they would use for armor. Once soaked ( for stamping) it can be as thick as 1/4". The patch Roy uses on his jeans is half the thickness.

And here's who else has expressed interest if the contest expands:

16. Sbreslin

17. Caid

18. jigrushable

19. Noodle36

20. Blackmaged

21. thesmokestack

22. Fobe46

23. D4nvu

So that's where we stand. 7 more people and the contest can hopefully bump up to 30 pairs. That is of course assuming everyone 16-30 are definite confirmations. I'd like for everyone to be on Sufu, but both Aleopold and I know some non-SuFu guys who may be interested in the contest to help us reach 30.

Please add me to this list :)

I might be interested depending on when this actually happens.

Ande said we could really get this rolling in the next month. I'm not exactly sure the details of the timing, but I'd guess the jeans would actually be in our hands in 1-3 months. Just a guess...

If someone has a stamp (1 ton or more) I could cut strips of the bridle leather, send it to the stamper, the custom stamp could be sent to the stamper, stamp out the patches; send the strips to Ande and we have custom one off patches. The only problem is that bridle leather is really thick. I have only seen similar leather used on patches for naked and famous 24 oz jeans. To sew them on would require a saddle stitching machine. It is the same leather they would use for armor. Once soaked ( for stamping) it can be as thick as 1/4". The patch Roy uses on his jeans is half the thickness.

This sounds cool. Individual #s would nice too. maybe signed by ande on the pocket bag or something

This sounds cool. Individual #s would nice too. maybe signed by ande on the pocket bag or something

That would Be awesome!!!!! Alot of the artwork on Ande's website would be a cool alternate patch design. No doubt whatever he decides will be wicked!

I'd be happy with a custom patch, numbered.

And whatever else Ande could come up with that would be exclusive to the 15(or 30) people picked. I think the exclusivity is what draws people and adds so much excitement to these things.

I know the details/custom work on the Roy contest pairs has everybody foaming at the mouth over em. And none of us will ever be able to get our hands on them!

I have faith Ande will contruct the Whalls to provide similiar levels of WOW, respectively.

with regards to the choice of denim, I think we should really set ourselfs apart from all the other contests out there...

something like indigo warp and weft, broken twill, LHT, would really set us apart! XD

I'm not that keen for anything above 15oz.... too heavy, and not all that versatile... plus, weight doesnt correlate with quality nor durability...

im more so concerned with the cut that is being used. Weight isnt really an issue im up for whatever. LHT would be a huge selling point for me id probably be in in a heart beat then im dying for a nice pair of LHT. I also like the custom leather patch idea. Hidden arcs and LHT and put my name on the list.