epauletshop

Official Alden Shoes & Boots Thread

the regular mens store in nyc doesn't, only the ludlow shop and maybe the liquor store. also, i'm guessing now that they've opened more ludlow shops in other cities (boston, I think?), they probably carry them too.

Edited by ericdw

I said it in my second post, but the deal was for employees only. I work my last shift Sunday so I was trying to track some down close by. The closest I could find was NY. They had the suede boots that were on sale, but didn't have the dark brown longwings. The sale could only be done in person and I couldn't justify the drive up to NY for one pair of shoes. Obviously would have proxied for you guys if I could have figured it out.

Hi Everyone, I hope you don't mind my posting here. I have 2 pairs of Alden Shoes that my sister has asked me to try and sell for her. My brother in law passed away a few years ago, the shoes have been boxed up since and are in excellent used condition. Other than a few scuffs from normal wear on the front, they are perfect. Can you point me in the right direction? Is this the right forum to post them on? Help! And thank you in advance! I also have a pair of men's Cole Haans and Mezlan, weaved leather shoes. Size 9.5 and 10.

snagged this pair of alden's for brook brothers shell cordovan for a good price... but the sole's quite bad. anyone knows what kind of sole is recommended to change to? and what products would you use to buff up the leather? obenaufs LP? saphir? kiwi?

img20121104wa001.jpg

img20121104wa000.jpg

^you got a few months before you really have to change those^

Do you guys know where I can get a pair of cigar Alden Indy boots?

Edited by onehundy

thrifted a couple pairs of aldens today, clean these puppies up and will be on the bay shortly

3895e04b_alden.jpeg

Hey guys,

just a heads up, J.Crew did a limited edition ravello longwing with brass eyelets for thier Ludlow shop. They have about 10 pair left and will ship, they are about 710 plus tax.

if your interested, i would email he store directly, they will sent photos.

[email protected] attn nick/ravello longwings.

yesterday they had: 8-12 left in stock.

Hey guys,

just a heads up, J.Crew did a limited edition ravello longwing with brass eyelets for thier Ludlow shop. They have about 10 pair left and will ship, they are about 710 plus tax.

if your interested, i would email he store directly, they will sent photos.

[email protected] attn nick/ravello longwings.

yesterday they had: 8-12 left in stock.

Fucking jcrew. They don't make Alden special runs in my size.

oops wrong thread

Edited by mr.invincible

depends on the last - I think most PTB's are on Barrie - so you can size down 1/2...

Barrie last shoes are a little tricky for some people. You can go down a half size at least. I am 11 in sneakers and I tried on barrie PTBs in 10.5 and 10 and it was kind of a toss up. I went with 10.5 to be safe and they are comfortable enough with a thicker sock but I suspect I might have been better off getting a 10 and letting them stretch. The 10s were long enough for my feet, just a bit snug.

I just bought a pair of leydon last unlined suede chukkas in 10.5 and they fit me much better. Sole to sole the barrie last PTBs are about 1.5 centimeters longer and slightly wider.