Official Alden Shoes & Boots Thread

epauletshop

• 2 weeks later...

My small Alden collection.

Indy 403. These came apart where the leather upper with the laces attaches to the vamp. I should have returned them but made a repair by myself which is sort of working.

indy.jpg

Alden of Carmel black cordovan with commando sole.

blackcord.jpg

Color 8 Chukkas. I got these in december on sale from j crew. Didn't really need them, but couldn't resist 30% off.

burgcord.jpg

My small Alden collection.

Indy 403. These came apart where the leather upper with the laces attaches to the vamp. I should have returned them but made a repair by myself which is sort of working.

indy.jpg

I had that starting up on my 405s and I sent them back to Alden and they fixed it for free. Good as new! I dont know why it is, but that seems to be a pretty common problem. nice smattering of shoes you've got there.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been lurking these forums for years, but I joined SUFU today specifically so I could contribute to this thread. Mainly out of boredom, I guess. There are so many beautiful pairs of Aldens - brogued, cap toe, boots - shoes....... I love this thread, and I have to admit I've developed a somewhat embarrassing obsession with everything Alden.

Anyway, here are my recently acquired Natural Chmxl Indys by Leffot.

6938687333_2c0b63a860_z.jpg

6792573514_92b53101b9_z.jpg

6938687287_0234c71fa9_z.jpg

I took these photos in December right after I got them. They are already getting some nice wear on the toe box and I have one pretty crappy gouge on the left heel. I'll take some more photos soon to show how the Natural chromexcel is wearing.

Edited by seabass

• 2 weeks later...

are you guys satisfied with your indys? do you think they're worth the price? I really love the silhouette and the look but its just difficult spending that much money....

they are definitely the most comfortable leather soled boots i have ever worn. without a doubt. indy's fit loose, but when you do them up tight, the leather is so soft and the last-shape is perfect - at least for my feet. i love the way they feel. I also have a pair of red wings, and I have worn docs and tims before. nothing compares to this feeling. perfect angle, perfect fit. you really do get what you pay for - the one thing I still struggle with is that they are BOOTS though. these are not dress shoes, or something flashy. they are boots and should be worn like boots. they will get beat up, used in mediocre weather, scratched, dinged. it's hard to see such beautiful leather get damaged, especially when you spend a lot of money, but in the end you gotta remember that they are just BOOTS and that the wear and tear will help them evolve into something better....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a summer shoe. I have a pair of the unlined suede oxfords already, so looking for non-suede leather. Any suggestions? Thanks.

check these out from tassels. i have a pair and love them.

http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to_order_details.php?id=90#

Alden Unlined Color 8 Cordovan Dover

- TASSELS MTO by Alden

- 2011/SS "Back to Basic" MTO Collection

- Premium grade handpicked Color 8 Shell

- Pliable but strong enough for unlined construction

- Conform to the feet shape at another level

- Oiled Water-Loc sole

- Complete Flexwelt system on Barrie Last

AL-2938Fa.jpg

Edited by M4TM

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered the officer shoe from unionmade. Looks like a basic ptb. http://www.unionmadegoods.com/alden_alden_x_unionmade_officer_shoe_in_brown_735.html

I've been looking at blue suede sw or a while but I don't think I'd wear them all that much so its hard to justify the price. Instead I got a pair or J&M blue suede Derbys. Not anywhere near as nice, but 1/4 the price...

FML unionmade just cancelled my order they're out of my size. Can anyone recommend something similar to the link above?

Edited by ericdw

Have you tried shoemart? Idk where they ship to but theyre a small company and you might be able to get them to ship out to you even if they don't normally do it, unless alden limits them. you should call. They're pretty helpful, last time I had a question the sales rep couldn't answer the owner called me back within an hour with the info.

In related news, I just got these http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_96601_dark_tan/pvc-ald-mxsdlw-96601_ald_m_96601.html

• 1 month later...

where did you get those? really nice boots

Thanks! These were from LeatherSoul back in December. They also had the exact same boot in NAT CXL. I'm going to try to get this Alden thread moving more!

im looking for a used longwing in whisky or #8 size 9d barrie contact me if your selling yours

or even a NST cordovan boot 9d barrie thanks guys

Good news is I actually have both a #8 LWB and NST... bad news is that they are size 6.5D & 7D respectively.

Good luck since both shoes are awesome!