Official Alden Shoes & Boots Thread

epauletshop

mmmmm... I'm thinking of selling my Indy 403 9D (pg 2) to get me some wingtips.

Anyone interested? pm me...

I have a buddy who's looking for a pair of indy's in that size. PM what you want for them...

also questioning what i should treat them with^

any ideas greatly appreciated

After cleaning them with a damp towel/ rag, I would suggest using Pecards or Obenauf's. Ps, those things look thrashed! You will surely enjoy them even more once you treat them. Can't wait to see their outcome...

btw - a cool thing about the unlined cordovan is that on some pairs, you can see the horween stamp! the pair i tried on in my "true" barrie size had a nice stamp on the tongue similar to :

AL-2938Fc.jpg

but unfortunately, i had to size down and the pair I got doesn't have a stamp. just a geeky thing, but i thought it was cool.

I have a pair of Alden Roy boots I bout about a year ago and have been wearing them to death. I am taking them in for a resole at my local cobbler soon (probably a vibram sole oif some sort, the crepe didn't last long enough) and I was hoping to get the inner heel fixed. When I got the boots they fit perfectly but they stretched a lot and I wore a hole in the inner right hand heel. Does anyone have any experience with having this repaired? I was thinking all it would take is a nice soft piece of leatrher and some bonding agent but I have no idea.

Took my Alden Roy boots to get resoled and have some repairs done. Really pleased with the outcome. They buffed them to a high sheen which I am not in love with but don't mind... it will wear off quickly the way I wear my boots.

IMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

They had to build a proper heel

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

I was wearing through the inner heel because the boots stretched out so they glued and sewed in a piece of leather on the inside to cover the holes.

IMG_1666.JPG