Supreme 2011 S/S

readytoignite

how you like it Vamp
yeah kind of on the fence about it, price / fit kinda wont allow me.

did you try a large by any chance? I wonder how much difference there is.

how do you like it?
i tried on the MA-1 , i like the maroon color but the quality of the piece didnt feel great so i passed.

i dont think its by Alpha, just their own production

I like the jacket a lot. It's obviously not made by Alpha, but still stays true to the original style of an MA-1 with a slightly slimmer silhouette. The cotton lining is a nice change for summer wear, instead of the typical lining on a mil/alpha MA-1.

Here's a picture of the interior tag if anyone's interested:

p1050893d.jpg

No RN#, Made in China, eh whatever. Quality is decent; I mean, I don't think this is going to fall apart on me. The jacket has a substantial weight, and I would not say it "feels cheap".

I've received a couple of sizing questions from some people.

The sleeves are really slim. The body is slim too, but not anything too crazy. I am a XS/S in other brands, and a Medium fits fine on me I think. With a Medium, it's not super slim on me, and I can layer a light hoodie underneath easily without getting too bulky.

lexerone, I did not try on a large.

That "Made in China" tag really put me off.

I mean don't get me wrong it's a really cool jacket, I was seconds away from buying the maroon one... I just couldn't justify the price.

I tried on a Large by the way, and I would say bigger guys might wanna stay away from this one.

In fact, a majority of these SS11 jackets are cut pretty slim.

that's stupid. most of the recent stuff alpha made for supreme is made in china - the m-51 was vietnam but what does it matter?

i'm also curious as to how " It's obviously not made by Alpha..." and for that matter what difference it makes in the final accounting

In my experience with (older) alpha stuff, it was made in the USA, or at least some country other than China. It could very well be made by alpha-- my mistake for making that assumption. All of the details similar to alpha jackets are present: the bicep pocket, the leather pull tab, and the stitching down the shoulders and arms.

I agree with you and will say that "Made in China" carries less negative connotations and baggage than it did in the past. It's like any sturdy flight jacket you'd get at a military surplus store, just in a slim cut and updated details. The zippers are matte black YKK zips on the navy ones, and you get a red tab where the alpha tab would be.

that's stupid. most of the recent stuff alpha made for supreme is made in china - the m-51 was vietnam but what does it matter?

Alpha industries used to make most of their jackets in the USA.

If you're going to pay a premium why not have it made in the USA?

I don't think it's stupid that I wouldn't want to pay as much for it, I'm not saying it's a worthless jacket or anything. Just that it put me off.

If you're going to pay a premium why not have it made in the USA?

I don't think that something made in China is inherently worse than something made in the USA.

Many of the items I've purchased from Supreme that have been made in China are of fine quality.

If, however, you'd prefer to purchase American-made products for economic reasons, I can get behind that 100%.

I would gladly pay more for a product made in the USA if it meant keeping jobs here. Gotta support the country, ya know?

But country of origin, now more than ever, is not indicative of quality.

I don't think that something made in China is inherently worse than something made in the USA.

But country of origin, now more than ever, is not indicative of quality.

Dude never mentioned anything about quality. He was talking about the price, which you quoted.

Making things in China is exponentially cheaper than having them made here in the States or even Canada. The price should reflect those sort of savings, which isn't the case because retail is still over $200.

in all honesty who gives a fuck. like others have mentioned before, the quality of made in china supreme items are not any different from those made in the usa.

and to solix's point that shit should be cheaper just because it's made in china, you apparently haven't heard the price of cotton skyrocketed since last year -- something like 80%

people still complaining about made in china? smh.

^ oh, and the price of cotton in china is the same as in the US. but the chinese yuan has been on a major upwards swing (you know, with all the bitching on currency manipulation and all). so, the increased labor costs are more of a factor.

people still complaining about made in china? smh.

^ oh, and the price of cotton in china is the same as in the US. but the chinese yuan has been on a major upwards swing (you know, with all the bitching on currency manipulation and all). so, the increased labor costs are more of a factor.

this is all true but doubt that the currency or cotton situation has appreciably manifested itself in the price point for anything this season.

to the original griper, if this made in the usa it would probably cost 10-20% more and you'd still be complaining that it wasn't value for money

/\ who are you referring to? A ton of people say swag

Tyler and Odd Future. Sure people said it before but was more like "check out my swag", where as now people are more like "SWAGSWAGSWAG!!!".

Wasnt meant to be taken to heart or seen as disrespect to dunkin. Just seems like since Yonkers/Fallon. people are all "SWAGSWAGSWAG!!!"