Junya Watanabe F/W 11.12 Menswear Paris

Vampyrvargfesten

I am not a fan, but I've never been that fan of Junya's menswear (big fan of his work for the fairer sex).

I really appreciate his experimentation with tech fabrics and the tight focus his collections have, but I just don't find items that I would like to own. I think the Japanese should get over their American obsession, even though I sometimes find their interpretation more interesting than the real deal.

Not really saying anything, since your question probably was directed at other fans of his, but I like discussing designers and decided to chime in.

I really like the extension of the fairisle pattern to its logical extreme, and I would totally grip some of these pieces if I got the chance, but if I was to choose between this or My Private Portland, I'd go for the latter.

Beautiful fairisle prints and those cropped paneled pants are great... some of it is a tad over the top but that never hurt anyone. The elbow patches on the jackets are one of my favorite details.

It reminds me a lottt of n(n) aw08 "my own private portland"...

This collection is going to be sold out by July e'erywhere.

not too big on this stuff. a few of the pieces are cool but mostly just overboard. and dude needs to have some new ideas - this is like the ivy/americana look entering its decadent baroque period right before our eyes. like someone said, his womenswear is way more interesting. it be recognizably junya without being practically the same thing every other season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...