Facial Products

ernest

I'm sure there are guys out there that take extra care of their face as much as the ladies out there.

I shall start then, basic stuff for me cleanse, tone, moisturize at night and cleanse-tone-sunblock in the day. Scrub twice a week.

Products used: Khiel's, Biothem, Clarins and Lab Series for men.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharps concentrated face cleanser

Nivea or Neutrogena face scrub (once or twice a week)

Proraso shaving cream (brush applied and '53 gilette speed safety)

Sharps toner

Sharps after-shave gel

Marvis toothpaste (sometimes Tom's sensitive teeth)

Desert Essence tea tree oil mouthwash

Salt crystal stick

Desert Essence tea tree oil and lavender deodorant

Whatever cologne

Home-made soap (gf's aunt makes it) for body cleansing.

That's my daily routine. If I don't keep my skin in check, it'll go to either extremes depending on the weather. I've got a healthy diet and drink lots of water, so it's just my natural physiology. Sharps for men has been hands-down the best product line I've found. Desert Essence makes a great alternative (i.e. cheaper) to Sharps deodorant. About $4 a stick compared to about $12. Desert Essence also makes a great mouthwash.

http://www.sharps-shop.com/

http://www.desertessence.com/

I've tried most everything I've seen in stores and have ordered a handful of other things online and these are the two best deals I've come across. Most things are overpriced or overhyped.

i have sensitive + combination skin (really oily forehead/nose, but v. dry cheeks/mouth area) and have tried basically everything from $2 products to $200 shit. i have found the following are 'best' for me (although i always look for 'better' stuff):

facial cleanser: cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (once in the morning, once at night) + st. ives apricot scrub for sensitive skin (once a week or so). i used ren mayblossom and cypress facial gel for about a year, but expensive for how quickly you go through it.

moisturiser: neutrogena oil-free moisture for sensitive skin (every morning. the one for combination skin sucks, as does every other single neutrogena product.)

acne: epiduo (prescription needed in australia. light film of it on my forehead at night).

that's it.

• 8 months later...
i have sensitive + combination skin (really oily forehead/nose, but v. dry cheeks/mouth area) and have tried basically everything from $2 products to $200 shit. i have found the following are 'best' for me (although i always look for 'better' stuff):

facial cleanser: cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (once in the morning, once at night) + st. ives apricot scrub for sensitive skin (once a week or so). i used ren mayblossom and cypress facial gel for about a year, but expensive for how quickly you go through it.

moisturiser: neutrogena oil-free moisture for sensitive skin (every morning. the one for combination skin sucks, as does every other single neutrogena product.)

acne: epiduo (prescription needed in australia. light film of it on my forehead at night).

that's it.

i came in this thread to post the EXACT same thing. I was having problems with oily skin and finally wanted to get around to taking care of my face, so my gf suggested the exact same products (but i tone with 100% witch hazel) and i've had amazing results in 3 weeks.

she emphasizes toners because it evens out skin complexion. witch hazel is a bit strong for me so i'm looking for something else. cetaphil is a great over the counter brand, so i might try out their toner

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 for anthony logistics. really good stuff.

my skin is no longer oily after using their oil-free moisturizer. really great clay mask and shaving cream, too.

if anyone is having trouble with acne, i find neutrogena (ones with salicylic acid) to be quite good, too.

Edited by TheTisciTribe

Face: Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser + Cetaphil moisturizer. I live in a dry climate, so I wipe my face with a cloth if it gets too oily.

Acne: OXY spot treatment/ OXY face wash. I leave the face wash on overnight and it ERRADICATES acne on my face/back, but it can cause redness for a day or so. Also RETIN-A (RX only).

Seems to work fairly well.

Not sure what to do about blackheads though..

Never had good results with Kiehls and Lab series. I use cetaphil exclusively and my skin has never been healthier. Be sure to moisturize daily, especially if you shave daily. YMMV, of course

Also, get over your fusion/schick multi-blade cartridges and switch to double-edge/safety razors. Way less irritation, razor burn, closer shave and less than .10 per blade.

6580186547_3e0ed52d0c_z.jpg

Edited by vaguerant

• 4 months later...

I`d love to moisturize my face at night but I sleep face down :|

I`ve been using Kiehl`s rare earth facial wash then some generic astringent which makes my face dry. I got some samples of Rosa Arctica for my face off Kiehl`s along with the avocado cream for the orbital skin which I like. I need to get their facial fuel moisturizer with spf 15 esp. after seeing this pic of the some dude whose left side of the face was completely wrinkled vs. his right side after always driving window down and exposed to the sun

• 3 months later...

It's probably irritated. If it was blotchy, it may not be acne. Check to see if it goes away on it's own with only gentle cleanser and moisturizer. If not, hit up a dermatologist and they might be able to help you out.

I'm using malin+goetz grapefruit cleanser and malin+goetz spf 15 lotion (daytime only). This combo has cleared my skin up significantly. I think next I'm gonna get the spot treatment, then the vitamin e lotion. Their products seem to do a great job, but are on the pricier side. As a plus I usually use less compared to Cetaphil but it's still pretty costly.