superfuture skiing/snowboarding club

aleopold

cant embed this but waaaaat thaa fuck ...

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/the-art-of-flight-teaser/

this is gonna be stupid. i was even "ooooh'ing and woaahhhh'ing" at the previews.. already on my wish list.

i think slow motion can be super fucking sick, used correctly. i'm sure you'd agree, as i agree with your statement because it can definitely be overused. i love it when a dude is pulling a huge spin and they slow it down so you can really see him lock in the grab, tweak it out, etc. that to me is when it is at its best. maybe on a pow turn every so often, but i've seen that so many times i'm almost numb to it.. man who am i kidding, pow turns are dope as fuck.

i don't think i'll ever buy anything else (0). those commercials are for real.

edit: don't want to create another post. i already post too damn much on here.

x-post from recent purchases. got 'em for 25 dollars.

on sale, needed new ones for the weekend (lost a single glove from my old pair).

rome snowboards pipe glove

5455601274_c6f6d00e4c_z.jpg

alright, so it's highly possible i will be attempting to pull a three this weekend. never done spin tricks, so this could be entertaining for my friends, and painful for myself. what's everyone's advice on how best to pull a three? it seems like it would be easier than a one, just because i can ride in and ride out in my strong stance.

alright, so it's highly possible i will be attempting to pull a three this weekend. never done spin tricks, so this could be entertaining for my friends, and painful for myself. what's everyone's advice on how best to pull a three? it seems like it would be easier than a one, just because i can ride in and ride out in my strong stance.

All your power is gonna come from you going off either on your heel edge or your toe edge depending on which way you're spinning. and remember follow with your head look over your shoulder and commit. Oh and grab suck up and grab you'll spin faster and won't look like a ballerina.

All your power is gonna come from you going off either on your heel edge or your toe edge depending on which way you're spinning. and remember follow with your head look over your shoulder and commit. Oh and grab suck up and grab you'll spin faster and won't look like a ballerina.

Yeah committing and looking over your shoulder are definitely key.

I want to get into snowboarding because that seems to be all the hype. I know it's stupid to be buying gear when I don't know how to snowboard but I guess I have to start somewhere.

What is some snowboarding gear that I should think about investing in?

Rent first to see if you even like it.

but as for gear i always say some sort of padding isnt a bad idea, especially wristguards, trust me youre gonna be falling alot.

nothing cracks me up more than seeing people rocking all burton everything with like a custom x and not even being able to bend the board at all.

I want to get into snowboarding because that seems to be all the hype. I know it's stupid to be buying gear when I don't know how to snowboard but I guess I have to start somewhere.

What is some snowboarding gear that I should think about investing in?

Rent first to see if you even like it.

this x100000000000000000000

i ski and i've tried snowboarding, using rentals

the learning curve can be a bit steep for snowboards, steeper than skis at least, to just be able to ride. expect to fall on your ass A LOT and if you can, try and have at least a few days, the longer the better, to continuously practice snowboarding. it's needed if you actually want to be able to carve and really snowboard and not just go a bit, then heel stop, then go a bit, then heel stop, then go a bit, etc. for like every 15 ft. down the mountain

for the dude trying to snowboard. these guys are pretty good, at least from what i've watched (mostly how tos about tricks).

edit: i probably should've added the link.. duh

click