superfuture skiing/snowboarding club

aleopold

dunno if it is stil the case, but i bought my morrow for pretty cheap. it has held up nicely, and i've had it for about five, or maybe more, years. but, i haven't ever bought a "nice" board, so i could be way off base.

basically explain to me how a single lacing system that you have to rely on upper arm strength to tighten down on, can possibly be better than a system which incorporates an upper and lower tightening system that lets you ease tension where you don't want it or increase it where you do... Which also works flawlessly with an internal liner that you can keep loose or tighten down on and leave the outer lacing system loose or vice versa. Granted Boa has a ton of flaws but can still do the same thing as the burton quick pull system but both of these let you ride the boot exactly how you want where as a traditional lacing system you have to cross pull to get tension and can't possible have the same amount of control over as a dual setup. And I don't want to hear about flex or some purist shit because I rode regular lacing systems for 15 years now and they're heavy and have to be retightened over the course of a day. Newer quick pull systems do not, they don't lose tension and offer more control than traditional lacing systems. The flex comes from the overall design of the outer boot and liner not the lacing structure.

I just want to hear how you feel that a traditional lacing system is better than technology that has been refined and redesigned to perform better and give the rider more options...

I wasn't part of the discussion but here's my two cents about it.

I have riden both and went back to traditional lacing. I ride softer and stiffer boots ( Burton Shaun White and Ions)and learned to lace my boot up without it tying knots and bows... and ever slipping

At the top part you double loop, tuck your laces under both loops and pull tight down.That's a hiker loop and my laces don't slip

The tightness and feel of the thin laces of the lacing system boot is what made me switch back. They didn't feel comfortable to me.I rode Vans and Burton ones,

Vans rotating disc gave out during a powder run..

Now that was fun... Burtons were great and to each their own but I basically wanted a softer feel

The Vans boot were they a boa system? I've heard nightmare stories about it breaking but that was also several years ago when it was being introduced, nowadays I haven't heard many complaints across the industry. I'm saying that regular laces will most likely always be available, Hell last year I rode a pair of Burton Grails for most of the year and loved them, but eventually returned to a pull system because of the flexibility and the overall control over the whole boot. I just felt like a bold statement that traditional laces > all types of fast lacing systems deserved some type of explanation as to why they are better... And as aso2004 put it "To each his own" in the end.

damn it rome.. got me reconsidering what kind of boots i want now. was thinking nike zoom kaiju, or some thirtytwos now gonna look at some of these burtons you speak of.

I wish, there't always something that comes out that I want every year. really thinking bout gettin the never summer proto ct next year.

Anyone else get stuck in a rut when they are buying equipment? Every couple years I get a new set of 32 lashed and new burton missions. I can't seem to try out something different except when it comes to boards.

Why is the anti-fog coating on the inside of goggles so delicate? I somehow got a drop of moisture in the middle of the lens and now I can't remove the water stain.

I hate when this happens I have two pairs of oakleys that have these tiny little persperation dots all over the inside from that crap happening.

hey guys..im looking for suggestions for new goggles. ive had anon helix forever, theyre cheap and they do the job, but i wanna move on to bigger / wider lens options. I have a medium ish sized face would anon realms or hawkeyes be too big? i really like the look of the electric eg2's but they just look huge..

what looks like a good alternative from what ive seen also is the von zipper sizzle..

thoughts?

hey guys..im looking for suggestions for new goggles. ive had anon helix forever, theyre cheap and they do the job, but i wanna move on to bigger / wider lens options. I have a medium ish sized face would anon realms or hawkeyes be too big? i really like the look of the electric eg2's but they just look huge..

what looks like a good alternative from what ive seen also is the von zipper sizzle..

thoughts?

go for the 2.5 if you think the 2's are too big for you

@Ryan I have the 2.5's and the Hawkeye's and prefer the Hawkeyes because the shape fits my face better they have a huge field of vision as compared to say the figment goggle, They've held up to a lot of abuse and feel like they're barely there. I'm not a big fan of Electric because they seem to always pinch my nose.

@Ryan I have the 2.5's and the Hawkeye's and prefer the Hawkeyes because the shape fits my face better they have a huge field of vision as compared to say the figment goggle, They've held up to a lot of abuse and feel like they're barely there. I'm not a big fan of Electric because they seem to always pinch my nose.

cool thanks..cant rep..

any opinions on oakley a frames?

They're for someone with a small to medium face. Considering this frame tech is almost a decade old, it offers a decent field of vision but there's way better options out there from Oakley. Take a look at the Crowbar or the Splice, way better options than the A frame. If you come across the A frame super cheap then it's worth it but not at full price anymore.