superfuture skiing/snowboarding club

aleopold

my physical therapist gave the ok last wed and went up to mt snow, it was fun... hadn't boarded since last march in utah. knee felt like jello but was able to get down the mountain, and had a couple waffles too :D

RIGHT ON!!

I just got the OK from the surgeon to go riding. Hopefully get some days in soon. Heading to Colorado for a week at the end of next month.

Red baron, good luck on the full recovery.

I cant believe you were able to get in for surgery in only like 3 weeks. Up here in canada you will wait a minimum of 4-6 months if its a standard blow out, anything serious you are 1-3 months.

I recently just had my second shoulder surgery due to multiple dislocations and and still sideline until April 21st. First time in over 10 years havent gotten to go riding.

my physical therapist gave the ok last wed and went up to mt snow, it was fun... hadn't boarded since last march in utah. knee felt like jello but was able to get down the mountain, and had a couple waffles too :D

How did you find mt snow? I was there last year but picked a bad weekend, in the teens and windy, everything iced over. Wondering whether it's worth going back with okemo around the same drive time for me

Edited by ericdw

Red baron, good luck on the full recovery.

I cant believe you were able to get in for surgery in only like 3 weeks. Up here in canada you will wait a minimum of 4-6 months if its a standard blow out, anything serious you are 1-3 months.

I recently just had my second shoulder surgery due to multiple dislocations and and still sideline until April 21st. First time in over 10 years havent gotten to go riding.

Yeah luckily the surgeon is close to my fam and has done a ton of surgeries for my mom, dad, sister, grandfather and myself, so he got me in quick. He is doing hip-replacement #2 for my dad in a few weeks. I think he just loves that my horribly jointed family is just throwing money his way. :D :D :D :D

How did you find mt snow? I was there last year but picked a bad weekend, in the teens and windy, everything iced over. Wondering whether it's worth going back with okemo around the same drive time for me

wasn't bad, not a lot of snow but i wasn't expecting it since this year pretty much sucked haha. it was pretty warm, so just typical packed snow throughout. felt good, no ice.

lol i know right... i just was never a fan of the way they built their bindings. a couple things i didn't like was their toe strap (but i think they recently fixed that), nothing is tool less, their screw holding the ladder and strap would come loose from constantly moving the straps. they weren't damp at all, well my forces atleast. they had padding that was recessed into the baseplate so you couldn't even consider it at useful. you couldn't even rotate the highbacks properly because the shape of it wouldn't fit in the heel cup if you rotated it all the way (inner most screw on one side and outter most screw on the other, you can do max outta/inner screw on one and middle screw on the other) also no cant on any of them, even though i think it's somewhat of a gimmick anyways

how is anyone not a fan of union!?

I just picked some up a while back, they are nice.

I'll be up at Heavenly this Sat if anyone will be up there.

Also still have some BNIB Smith I/Os with the red Sol X mirror if anyone wants them. 135! 165 new before taxes etc!!

and the stupid forward lean adjuster would always turn loose by itself

that actually drove me nuts for a minute too... somehow it would adjust forward by itself so when i strapped in im like yo wtf is up with my stance. just gotta screw that shit down super hard, but the new toe straps are legit.

• 2 weeks later...

so my old man finally retired from the ski patrol after skiing on two shot out knees for the past 5 years. every winter he would literally get them injected every month with some shit so he could deal. i finally felt it was my chance to angle for his outdated ski patrol parka. the only thing he'd let me have is the opportunity to take these iphone pics.

IMG_01591.jpg

IMG_01641.jpg

they have this label inside

IMG_01621.jpg

IMG_01611.jpg

late winter shell

IMG_01651.jpg

IMG_01661.jpg

• 2 weeks later...