superfuture skiing/snowboarding club

aleopold

For those of your rocking oakleys, what're your favorite lenses?

I'm thinking of getting either the fire, emerald, or blue iridium lenses, and I haven't decided which to get.

take into account what time of day you ski in. i usually ski twilight, so i opt for an h.i. amber lens. if you're skiing in bright light, use a darker lens. i've always liked the black iridium.

take into account what time of day you ski in. i usually ski twilight, so i opt for an h.i. amber lens. if you're skiing in bright light, use a darker lens. i've always liked the black iridium.

I'm usually skiing during the day, but i'm in oregon so it's not that bright i guess?

i dunno, i'm happy with the persimmon lenses, but i want something that has better contrast, maybe a little brighter?

Pink Iridium/ hi-yellow would be good for brightening things up. Personally I think the hi-amber polarized is the best overall lens.

Haha I was thinking about the hi-amber polarized, but i dont know if i'm ready to throw down $160 for a lens.

and i was thinking about hi-yellow too, but how's that do on contrast?

I mean, i think i'll just end up going into the oakley store and checking these out, but basically I'm snowboarding during the day in oregon. So the weather is anywhere from overcast to sunny. I

feel like the persimmon lens i've got now might be good for the overcast-y conditions, if not a little dark, but i'm looking for something good in the sunnier conditions. haha I'm kinda clueless on this whole thing. I have been checking out the "simulated" lens tint thing on the oakley website though.

yeah well persimmon is basically the all around lens. suitable for everything but not the best. for sunny days anything polarized can really help, but expensive. I've tried my friends blue iridium, seems like a good all round lens thats not as dark as persimmon.

ashkaun, look at the vr50 pinks. that's probably going to be my next lens purchase because it will be good for cloudy days, and low contrast, as well as night ski. it'll even do decent on days that go between cloudy and sunny from what i've heard. best all around for oregon.

well, if you're going to the one in beavtron they don't have a ton of selection of other lenses, just the most popular ones. that's the one problem with those oakley fucks, they don't really provide great ways to test each pair, just that mini sample circle shit. i think they have the blues and pinks though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
A lot of natural colors coming on deck next season. the whole neon radiation color way that's been plaguing snowboarding is finally ending. Analog's shit looks amazing.

Image.jpg

Well...I am new around here. Been lurking for a long time.

I snowboard...a lot and have been doing it for a long time. I see myself spending a lot of time on this thread. Rome1 I think we are gonna get along real well! I have...well what you might say...a gear "problem"

Rome1 are you on any other forums?

It is raining here right now and I am headed to Mammoth in the morning to take some laps! EXCITED!

Anyway, you posted some 2012 stuff. I am loving my Alder!!!!

These were a few months ago in Mammoth.

227287_10150207363486096_682301095_8688770_1350150_n.jpg

222037_10150207363176096_682301095_8688764_8208306_n.jpg

224626_620761791917_68601153_33842551_666624_n.jpg

230817_1866739719672_1576433020_1786378_1611905_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
What's a good online store to check out snowboarding gear? Preferably cheap prices and reliable international shipping. A shop that does combo deals on clothing, goggles, board bindings etc.. the works..

Ebay? yay or nay?

Go to your local shop at sale time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...