3 places to visit for vaction.....USA edition

Guest naknakBeast

Guest naknakBeast

Taking a week off of work.. sometime in April.

need some ideas and places to check out.

California is def one of them.

what when where and why

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

If you are wanting to just get away, relax , rest , and be off the grid with nothing but a hand full of shops and a winery nearby I suggest Augusta,MO. I know you probably think 'Missouri?'... it's where my wife and I honeymooned and we were alone in this town save 3-4 other people and the occasional car the entire last week of June 2009. Our rental was super cheap, like 75$ a night for a really nice house with a huge bed, full kitchen, castiron clawfoot tub , et cetera. There was a handful of antique shops, an artist (who sadly wasn't around) who did amazing blown glass. Just a very quiet quaint little town.

I personally really enjoy driving, so taking a long weekend a doing a stretch of Old-66 maybe starting in Oklahoma City or Tulsa and heading east towards Chicago... just kind of stopping along the way here and there, away from four lane highways as much as possible

And finally, Yosemite. I really want to visit there someday.

MAUI- The people are more laid back then in the SF Bay Area, I usually head out there before fall. Lahaina and Kihei are my favorite spots, all the other islands are all turning into cities. Stay away from the Big Island if your trying to relax.

As far as California, what exactly are you looking for? A week in wine country or a week in west hollywood?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Oregon Coast, Crater Lake, OREGON. Nothing like it. IMHO, Oregon is our most beautiful state.

Here are pics from my last trip with Mum:

Crater Lake

6115929733_936219d963_z.jpg

Oregon Sand Dunes

6116473960_52bdf05285_z.jpg