Uniqlo S/S 11

fallen angels

anyone know how much uniqlo charges for shipping to california? is it just the flat $10 for multiple items that i've been hearing?

also, what are the white tees that everyone has been hyping? can you see nipples on them or what

this season's jp regular oxfords fit almost exactly the same as previous season's 'slim fit' oxfords anyway (which i was complaining about a few pages back).

Ah, thanks fort that. Been really annoyed at not being able to find slim ones but looking at the new oxford I just got it is less blousy then the one I bought last season.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

Just wanted to say, I have the +J black suiting trousers on. They're 90% wool, 6% poly, 4% stretch. Polyester lining going down the entire front from waist to hem.

Definitely a thumbs up, considering getting another pair. Very slim, tapered cut but still not as slim as the first FW collection (which were VERY slim and sized XS, S, etc.). The fabric is a compromise between last FW where it feels like 100% polyester from the 70's and the regular Wool Collection last year which had an extraordinary soft hand but as such, is pilling quickly. The feel is still polyester-ish but the lining covers that. Modern suiting rise so you can wear it at the waist without looking stupid but also at the hips without looking too saggy.

Curious to see how they'll do in the heat. They're very light and the stretch is perfect so they feel great with a light breeze but I'm a little worried about the full front lining come summer. Not that it matters since unlined wool trousers in the summer a nightmare in the summer, too.

The fabric is a compromise between last FW where it feels like 100% polyester from the 70's and the regular Wool Collection last year which had an extraordinary soft hand but as such, is pilling quickly.

[...]

Curious to see how they'll do in the heat. They're very light and the stretch is perfect so they feel great with a light breeze but I'm a little worried about the full front lining come summer. Not that it matters since unlined wool trousers in the summer a nightmare in the summer, too.

pilling has to do with short fiber length etc so i would say loosely independent of the fabric (except to the extent of the price point).

full lining on trousers is very odd, especially in a spring/summer range. the only lined pairs i've had were down to the knee and clearly for winter.

i would think you'd want to have the breathable characteristics of wool unimpeded for warmer weather, no?

-Re: pilling - No idea. I'll trust your judgment since in previous posts you clearly seem to know what you're talking about.

-Re: lining - Honestly, I didn't notice the lining when I was trying them on. I was fucking tired and needed to grab some pants. They fit well. Only a few days after having them hemmed did I notice. As I said, the lining has me worried but wool slacks suck in summer (for me) at any weight or lining.

^The pants I have are part of the suiting... which might explain the iamundying's question. I tried on the blazer that went with it and like most +J stuff it felt 1/2 size smaller than regular Uniqlo sizing. I don't think you should stress out terribly about the sizing but be realistic. If you're a little on the bigger side of your size, move up from what you would think. Anyone feel free to contradict me if you think I'm wrong.

Thanks, i have one of the slim fit suits from the regular line from last year and the XS pulls a touch in the middle but everything else is good so i guess the small would probably be spot on.

ordered a suit 1-2 months ago from the +J SS11. and then 4 shirts. the shirts just arrived today. pleased with the fit. skinny-slim fitting, but not anorexic-skinny fitting like those you get from mainstream brands like zara or topman.

same goes for the suit. pants are slim fitting and not boxy at all. without being unsightly skinny. same with the blazer. no pulling at the chest or anything, fits about perfect.