Visvim S/S 11

velvetant

i have read that abarth mocs fits small and narrow, but some also said they are true to size, just that because the opening is small and narrow, you got to size up. usually a 9/9.5 in visvim lhamo virgil etc., would a size 9 abarth fits me, or too small?

I love that even on a FASHION forum people just skip over the manufacturing process and go straight to bitching about price. As I stated just TWO pages ago, the virgils for S/S 08 (which is the FIRST year they were released) were ¥56,600. THIS SEASONS Virgil (which is S/S 11 mind you, that's 6 seasons now they've released them) were ¥56,800. Now, like I just said 3 posts back, the F/W 11 virgils are being dyed with natural materials. Look at the denim forum for a comparison. Regular samurais are $260-$300, now natural indigo dyed ones are usually $600-750. So why wouldn't the same apply for a pair of boots?

whats changed on this fw11/12 's ftbs apart from the price rise of 300% in 4-5 years?

whats changed on this fw11/12 's ftbs apart from the price rise of 300% in 4-5 years?

I believe they are going to be made in Japan. Also, from looking at the patchwork, I'm going to guess that the suede is colored with natural dye, etc. Still fucking ridiculous though.

300% raise? Where are you looking at prices? Last seasons FBT'ss were 35k yen. This seasons folk FBT's are STILL 39,900 yen as always. The new made in japan line FBTs are 56,000 yen. A 21,000 yen difference. Do you have any idea how much it costs o open a brand new factory just to make ONE set of shoes? They're only making FBT's at that factory, Next seasons are about the same. 56,000 is NOT 300% more than 35,000.

I think a lot of you aren't realizing the yen is 79 to the dollar right now, highest it's ever been. There's your price increase. Now really, can we begin discussing the impact of bergdorf goodman carrying visvim this f/w already?

i cant wait til bergdorf starts carrying the line just so i can see the new season in person. all this talk of price increases should be evident in the product!

i love my vis and have no problem dropping some coin on it but seeing it in person is always a bit of an underwhelming experience. i was in st tropez with my wife checking out some SS11 and she was like 'yea its nice' and then I showed her the tags. she was in disbelief and is still convinced that the brand won't survive. mind you the joker at battaglia had the Zuni blazer at 1750euro (retail 92k yen), albacore at 650euro, tees at 225 and the blackfoot jacket at 1250.

my advice is pick one or two items and don't bother looking at the tags - you'll never be able to justify it so why try.

300% raise? Where are you looking at prices? Last seasons FBT'ss were 35k yen. This seasons folk FBT's are STILL 39,900 yen as always. The new made in japan line FBTs are 56,000 yen. A 21,000 yen difference. Do you have any idea how much it costs o open a brand new factory just to make ONE set of shoes? They're only making FBT's at that factory, Next seasons are about the same. 56,000 is NOT 300% more than 35,000.

I think a lot of you aren't realizing the yen is 79 to the dollar right now, highest it's ever been. There's your price increase. Now really, can we begin discussing the impact of bergdorf goodman carrying visvim this f/w already?

fuck last seasons

i'm talking from 4/5 years back and they were £180 a pop when the yen was still v strong too and they were still made in japan (before he shifted to china) they're now gonna retail in the uk with mark up and import at about £550 - there's your 300% give or take a few shekels

AND mister CAPSLOCKS if you think its all about prices being hiked because of jp production you're way off track. the fact is, as other observers have pointed out its because he wants to 'hermes' up his brand - go luxury. any cunt can claim using natural due or real tourquise beads makes stuff worth £8K or £3K respectively but the fact is it ain't. and if you think it is then you probably own a chocolate teapot too.

its well within his rights to raise the prices, it's just a pisstake for those who've been buying vsvm for years and thus supporting his brand.

thanks akuma. how much did you size up from your virgil/fbt size?

Quick breakdown, though about doing this for the shoe sizing thread, but since I only wear visvim shoes it's more specific to this thread, hopefully this helps the thread out.

I wear a 10 for the following shoes: Serra, standard FBT (non folk) beard boot, and the Moncler v boots.

I wear an 11 for: keifer (all kinds) gabo, folk FBT's, virgils*, logans, patricians and 90% of other folk and normal visvim shoes.

I wear a 12 in: abarth, fabro, Paine and any other "loafer" style visvim.

Now I don't own most of them, I've just had a chance to try them on.

* cap toe virgil due to stiffness was more comfortable in a 12, while kngr virgils are so stretchy that a 10 could work.

And if they release that necklace OR those shoes, fuck it. I need them.

Oh and Winston. Come on dude give it up. Yah, prices raise. Tell me anything that cost the same 5 years ago.

Oh and Winston. Come on dude give it up. Yah, prices raise. Tell me anything that cost the same 5 years ago.

i'll let it lie....... but what you probably want to argue is that prices are in the eye of the beholder.

the fact is that in trying to achieve global luxury status mr nakamura might end up chasing mammon so much that he ends up wanting to put gingham lobster shoes on your feet and turquoise magic beads round your neck.

nah don't worry i'm only kidding...............................pork bellies anyone?

Looking for this SS11 Visvim 2,5 Layer Bickle in navy.

Is this anywhere still available?

I don't know much about sizing, but I need a size S or M (46-48 in other brands).

tumblr_lipa8cz6AM1qz92qpo1_500.png

Still looking for this.

I've contacted samplekickz and conceptshop, but both don't have it anymore.

Any other options?

sorry to shit up the thread with sizing bullshit but want to know how the patricians fit

im a us9 in virgil & 73 folk. us10 in fbt folk & decoys. wondering which way to go on the patricians

i got a couple of pairs of patrcians wt folks lo's and mid's from 2010, both are true to size.

don't know about the plain toe's .....