Visvim S/S 11

velvetant

€15,000 euro kimono? I bet that's what the indigo jacket he's been wearing plus maybe this one but it's brown

IMG_0544.jpg

Looks pretty dope... If you're Japanese and have a top knot.

woooo! that does like pretty dope. more info??

$400 for a pair of sandals is just silly.

selling this jumper if anyone interested. for AU$220 shipped.

will sell this on ebay soon with higher price.

L1060259.jpg

sorry if I just don't understand, if $400 for sandals is silly, than $240 for a crewneck sweatshirt is reasonable? No hate, just don't understand. Sandal is vastly more difficult to manufacture + materials are more expensive. And it's Visvim.

http://hypebeast.com/2011/07/visvim-to-launch-a-second-hand-retail-concept-in-2012/

haha he's fed up seeing his stuffs being sold online.. would be good thing if stuffs are priced reasonably, especially those hard to get or popular items, but then again, who would want to sell it back to visvim, when they know they can get better price in the market? not much detail revealed, but my guess is the "selling to visvim" could only happen at places with FIL, and hopefully visvim would do some online 2nd hand selling

ostast3hjic

pretty pointless video, but just sharing...

I actually thought that video was very well done for what it is.

yeah that vid makes me want one of those packs even though I know it wouldn't be functional for everyday use. I miss the days when I thought spending $300 for a visvim pack was ridiculous.

The honest truth is that after seeing the video i thought "ok, i'm ready for a new Visvim bag".. then i looked up the price, it's $965.

is the denim coverall Hiroki's wearing part of any collection?

If ou look closely at the picture, you'll notice he's wearing (at least) 3 layers on his upper. The social sculpture damaged shirt, the social sculpture damaged denim jacket, and a 3rd darker jacket, inspecting that, I believe it is the same jacket worn by the other visvim employee at their Paris showroom. Not sure if it's the aforementioned kimono, but it looks real fucking sick.

And Kiya man, you know you want it. Just do it. That's how I've become with them now. As long as I can eat and pay rent, rest goes to vis.

Designer Hiroki Nakamura has recently been quoted in the latest issue of CODE Magazine as hinting towards a new retail concept for his cult-status brand visvim. Consistently successful in crafting incredibly high-quality footwear, visvim is a brand lauded by many and obsessed over routinely. Although the concept of a brand reselling its own used designer goods may seem slightly absurd, similar projects such as A.P.C.‘s denim trade-in program have been hugely successful and the practice of buying and reselling limited edition sneakers has been widely accepted in cities around the world. Check out Nakamura’s mysterious reference to this upcoming retail concept here:

“…This is the first time I’m telling anyone this. The idea is somehow to buy back and resell, buy back and resell…so, like, then my scene is complete. It will probably happen in 2012.†– Hiroki Nakamura

Video was good but it doesn't really explain why it costs as much as it does which I figured would be the point of it. Maybe we're supposed to see that the cost of having somebody shoot HD footage of a desert is getting passed along to the backpacks.

The video and price are a little misleading. I could understand the price of the pack if they actually used Navajo/Hopi wool rugs as a textile, but the description says printed canvas.

the video isn't meant to be informative but quite the contrary. it evokes an ethos, a relatively novel form of advertising. its not about a particular product or commodity.

that's what i love about vis - you either get it or you don't.

Does this mean he can resole my old Kiefers if I threw enough money at it?

"Perhaps. <insert long ramble about cocaine and Navajo here>"

It's interesting though, to move in that direction. There's a lot of ways that idea can be executed, most of which leave me excited about. Until that happens though it's all just nice speculation, and maybe more damn reason to "Raise Price".

sorry if I just don't understand, if $400 for sandals is silly, than $240 for a crewneck sweatshirt is reasonable? No hate, just don't understand. Sandal is vastly more difficult to manufacture + materials are more expensive. And it's Visvim.

well maybe thats you, but i dont care about sandasl. i dont wear sandals outside anyway except if im going to the beach. I rather spend 400 for visvim shirt jacket pants whatever rather than sandals.

Caught up with my mate from cubism today. some notes from our conversation if you are interested.

F/W season starts 6th August

Prices are only going to go up, not down. Some not so much, some stupidly. For example, next seasons FBTs are going to be about 2000yen more than this season. Next seasons Virgils are gonna be............

wait for it.........

160,000yen! (and made in Japan apparently)

I tripled checked that I had heard him right.

2 new 20Ls are coming out, one with ballistic returning. they will also have a patterned base, most likely matching the new FBTs. will be around normal price

New elmendorf jacket is gonna be over 700,000yen

and apparently Nakamura-san is going to be at the Nagoya FIL in the next 2 weeks.

btw,

haha he's fed up seeing his stuffs being sold online
this is part of the price rise reasoning. its a little complicated to explain and i didnt 100% understand but its kinda like he wants ppl to come and buy it from FIL stores where its is the lowest price (even if that price is really high)

this is part of the price rise reasoning. its a little complicated to explain and i didnt 100% understand but its kinda like he wants ppl to come and buy it from FIL stores where its is the lowest price (even if that price is really high)

Thats just silly. So basically we have to go to japan to get the lowest price? Even authorized stockist sells visvim above the rrp. I notice some european based stockist sell vis in the exact rrp price/number but in their own currency, (eg. My local store (supply) sell flynt lo for au$360 and at one end slam jam sell it with the same price but in euro).

Im not 100% sure but i remember that a hk guy told me that even fil hk is more like a consignment store. Meaning the sells vis slightly higher than fil japs.

If it true about the price next season, im just gonna buy decent 2nd hand vis.

Thats just silly. So basically we have to go to japan to get the lowest price? Even authorized stockist sells visvim above the rrp. I notice some european based stockist sell vis in the exact rrp price/number but in their own currency, (eg. My local store (supply) sell flynt lo for au$360 and at one end slam jam sell it with the same price but in euro).

Im not 100% sure but i remember that a hk guy told me that even fil hk is more like a consignment store. Meaning the sells vis slightly higher than fil japs.

If it true about the price next season, im just gonna buy decent 2nd hand vis.

FIL HK prices are slightly higher, but the HKD isn't very strong right now especially compared to the yen.

I love that even on a FASHION forum people just skip over the manufacturing process and go straight to bitching about price. As I stated just TWO pages ago, the virgils for S/S 08 (which is the FIRST year they were released) were ¥56,600. THIS SEASONS Virgil (which is S/S 11 mind you, that's 6 seasons now they've released them) were ¥56,800. Now, like I just said 3 posts back, the F/W 11 virgils are being dyed with natural materials. Look at the denim forum for a comparison. Regular samurais are $260-$300, now natural indigo dyed ones are usually $600-750. So why wouldn't the same apply for a pair of boots?

now it's becoming more and more obvious of hiroki's intention to move visvim into the high-end luxury class...

every brands i believe would want to sell their stuffs through official channels, and not people buying from other means, it's like lesser sales for them haha. unless the reselling concept is going to sell used items for a bargain price, i personally wouldn't see it works.. especially when prices are going to rise even higher, more people will consider the 2nd hand market than walking into fil.

not alot of ppl can drop 2k+ on a pair of boots or close to 10k for a leather jacket... but i believe these items will be damn limited, just enough to cater to his loyal rich clientele, or maybe custom orders for the leather jacket.