Visvim S/S 11

velvetant

lol @ people trying to justify the price hikes

if they're worth it to you keep buying them, if not find something else. whether it's production costs or just gouging doesnt really matter in the end

I'm sick of raising prices debate too but this is such a shit, piss weak, pointless post. You cant say "it doesn't matter in the end" like you've just closed a case successfully because obviously it matters -- not only is it frequently brought up issue around here, but people are people have halted buying the brand because of the raises, Also, you can justify the price hikes, you can justify it like this: Visvim is a business and they run their business on a business model where popularity proliferates prices, like it or not.

made in china doesn't mean it's bad....

nowadays, Chinese factory have some of the newest technology machines invest by top 10 manufacturers..

from a frd that work at FIL, they said they will leave most of the footwear production in China cut down in Korea and Clothing line to produce in Japan

I'm sick of raising prices debate too but this is such a shit, piss weak, pointless post. You cant say "it doesn't matter in the end" like you've just closed a case successfully because obviously it matters -- not only is it frequently brought up issue around here, but people are people have halted buying the brand because of the raises, Also, you can justify the price hikes, you can justify it like this: Visvim is a business and they run their business on a business model where popularity proliferates prices, like it or not.

ha, sorry to have offended you

yes, hiroki has the right to run his business however he sees fit, and if that means raising prices because he can then so be it. my point is that unless the product is improving, and I think most people agree it isn't, the cause of the price raises is kinda beside the point. if someone doesn't want to pay $700 for a shoe that used to be $500 because the hike is arbitrary, why would they suddenly become worth it when the hike is because of rising production costs? it's still the same shoe for $200 more. of course it matters that the price is going up, and of course people might stop buying stuff it is gets too expensive. I didn't say otherwise.

Personally I think that if it's due to rising costs and/or a corresponding rise in quality then it's justifiable. Otherwise, if they're doing it because they can and they wanna test the price elasticity of their customers then it's just price gouging. While it's a business's prerogative to do so, ethically I find it somewhat distasteful - as it's hardly anyway to treat the customers who've gotten you this far in the first place. It's as if since they're now seeking to be the next major luxury brand, Hiroki can turn around and say to his old customer base "So long and thanks for the ride, but I'm going on to bigger things. Would love to stick around, but can't keep Kanye and Mos Def waiting!"

ha, sorry to have offended you

yes, hiroki has the right to run his business however he sees fit, and if that means raising prices because he can then so be it. my point is that unless the product is improving, and I think most people agree it isn't, the cause of the price raises is kinda beside the point. if someone doesn't want to pay $700 for a shoe that used to be $500 because the hike is arbitrary, why would they suddenly become worth it when the hike is because of rising production costs? it's still the same shoe for $200 more. of course it matters that the price is going up, and of course people might stop buying stuff it is gets too expensive. I didn't say otherwise.

I think the point here, well my point, is that the majority of the clothing is now produced in Japan when previously particular clothing products were manufactured in China. But regardless, they're raising prices. Also, connectedly, how can you define "worth". Somebody mentioned before here, that knows somebody from F.I.L, that even the SA's are acknowledging that the price raises are raising eyebrows and that it might be that the price declines in future seasons, but i do doubt it.

made in china doesn't mean it's bad....

nowadays, Chinese factory have some of the newest technology machines invest by top 10 manufacturers..

from a frd that work at FIL, they said they will leave most of the footwear production in China cut down in Korea and Clothing line to produce in Japan

Nobody mentioned Chinese production = bad. But Chinese production does = cheaper overheads.

Rising the prices and select distribution makes it more exclusive thus more demanding.

It's all about creating a strategy for your brand.

and you got to give it up for the guy.

Visvim is one of the hottest brands right now, period !

You see junya watanabe raising prices as well, but nobody complaints about that, cuz he does it with comme des garcons and they are on the haute couture sht.

People in that scene are willing to pay that money.

Always have always will.

Threre are brands who charge twice as much for a jacket as visvim does and 9 out of 10 times it ain't that special.

i've been down with visvim for about 7 years and still have loads of stf from the old days. you can't compare the assortment they had back than with now ?

the amount of styles have multiplied and so have the materials ans stories..,

it's like apples and pears.

Don't get twisted.

Amen

right now the brand is caught mid-stream concerning pricing. after a time what now seems excessive will become commonplace and the complaints will stop. we can now reflectively look back and see that not too long ago the commodity was cheaper so a higher price becomes upsetting. as we move further from previous seasons so will the consumers acceptance of the pricing. when people speak of Hermes they simply accept that its an expensive brand - the same will occur with Vis. it's difficult to accept now but you will nonetheless...

many justifications have been bandied about here but one aspect that hasn't been considered is that of taking resellers out of the business. a fair amount of items are resold at higher rates by third parties which just goes to prove that the demand is already present and if you're running Vis the proof for greater valuation is right there.

Sorry but I haven't seen a rise in quality , rather a demise.

Although I love what the brand does, the recent price hikes and down with quality have made me stop buying.

I bought nearly all the `FBT's that came out and were the first ones were great in quality and re still in my collection but the last ones were rubbish, front part of the sole on the nose coming loose sloppy feel etc...

So the hike in prices is I think mainly to do with the fact that they can do so because people will buy it.