Visvim S/S 11

velvetant

I agree with everyone that Visvim prices have become a big joke.

Off ss11 topic, but can anyone comment on the patrician sizing? I try to find a pair for the spring. I recently bought a pair of fbt's size 10 us that were too small, too tight in the front. I'm 9.5 in Alden Indy, 10 in Yuketen, normally 10 I would say.

OH YES!!! the previous patrician mid was brilliant, but the soles could be better, and now re-release with new soles! gives me a better reason to grab a pair, but the price is going to be insane. shall wait for the release and see...

Just wanted to add my two cents worth that I dont think im that bothered by Visvims prices as long as they can constantly increase their quality (or their take on quality) on their products, which I believe they are doing. I've always bought and hopefully always will buy their virgils. And I can definately see them climbing up to a 100,000 yen mark in a few years (if they still make them). And as long as they keep to their ideals, i believe that there will always be a strong flow of buyers.

Just what i think anyway.

Thanks for that. I was a bit worried for a moment.

Just wanted to add my two cents worth that I dont think im that bothered by Visvims prices as long as they can constantly increase their quality (or their take on quality) on their products, which I believe they are doing. I've always bought and hopefully always will buy their virgils. And I can definately see them climbing up to a 100,000 yen mark in a few years (if they still make them). And as long as they keep to their ideals, i believe that there will always be a strong flow of buyers.

thats not even whats happening right now. quality stays the same but prices still go up. dont kid yourself with this whole quality argument. the only thing driving up these prices is demand.

what is the evidence of quality increase? to say their prices raises are justified is plain nuts.

its the demand thats driving the prices as has been said and the fact that Hiiroki is realising his ambition to make it a luxury brand on par with hermes, bottega et al.

what is the evidence of quality increase? to say their prices raises are justified is plain nuts.

its the demand thats driving the prices as has been said and the fact that Hiiroki is realising his ambition to make it a luxury brand on par with hermes, bottega et al.

That would depend on your definition of "quality". If you're making jewelry with stones that as rare as they come, why cant their prices be on par with hermes? I personally believe using natural dye etc rather than synthetic dye is just a good step up in quality. But like i said, all depends on what you define "quality" as.

have a look at the fbts of five six years back, have a look at todays and tell me the quality difference please?

i'm no jacob the jeweller but what stones are we talking about exactl on that necklace?

I don't own a pair of fbts but im guessing they've experimented with different leather? im sure they arent jacob the jeweller stones. read somewhere they're stones collected over the years from Hirokis travels.

have a look at the fbts of five six years back, have a look at todays and tell me the quality difference please?

they're still using the same eva phylon and tpu heelcup.. better glue maybe? i haven't bought an FBT since 2005 but every time i handled/tried on a newer model it hasn't really seemed like a huge difference. the earliest model i've owned (vis x undercoverism.. 2002?) seemed slightly less solid than the FBT elston

there's not much they can do to improve that model though. just raise prices

they're still using the same eva phylon and tpu heelcup.. better glue maybe? i haven't bought an FBT since 2005 but every time i handled/tried on a newer model it hasn't really seemed like a huge difference. the earliest model i've owned (vis x undercoverism.. 2002?) seemed slightly less solid than the FBT elston

there's not much they can do to improve that model though. just raise prices

i've got about a dozen pairs from the t'aa's onwards and with the exception of the folk kangaroos there is no tangible difference....

Even something like the elmendorf hasn't changed i don't think and the price on that has gone through the roof

same with t shirts

Is there a quality difference between the earlier Fluxus Jeans and the Social Sculpture jeans? I bought a pair of raw Fluxus 03's from Union a while back for 3 bills, the social sculptures are over $700!

They are produced differently and are different products. Fluxus are still part of this season.

i've got about a dozen pairs from the t'aa's onwards and with the exception of the folk kangaroos there is no tangible difference....

Even something like the elmendorf hasn't changed i don't think and the price on that has gone through the roof

same with t shirts

About these raising prices and why questions -- they've shifted all of their production to japan -- this means more expensive production costs -- i don't agree or disagree with the raises but this the only discernible reason i can see them justifying them -- that and of course inflation and the inflation in popularity.

About these raising prices and why questions -- they've shifted all of their production to japan -- this means more expensive production costs -- i don't agree or disagree with the raises but this the only discernible reason i can see them justifying them -- that and of course inflation and the inflation in popularity.

2009 a few models were made in china

prices were still raised

production cost more expensive in china than korea?

elk leather hustla

^ 2010, even, a few models were made in China. Yes, regardless, prices will be raised season to season not matter if the production source doesn't shift. Somebody mentioned earlier on this board that there friend at f.i.l mentioned the prices will go slightly down next season or season after -- but seeing next season this is not true, not sure after that.. i do doubt it.