The death (dying) of the JRPG? a superfuture exclusive discussion topicu.. ? ?

100%

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Versus XIII trailer has made me painfully aware of how I've changed as a gamer. Once upon I time I would have ate that shit up, but now I can't even take it seriously.

Also, I just started Valkyria Chronicles. While I'm intrigued by the gameplay, the cut scenes are painfully bad. JRPGs need to up their game in storytelling if they're going to survive this gen.

Is this joke? Why does square enix insist on further pushing BITCH games into the market?

Obviously they are now in it for 1 thing

$$$$$$...

which equals..

ZZZZZZZZZ

But seriously. This is trash.

That Versus XIII trailer has made me painfully aware of how I've changed as a gamer. Once upon I time I would have ate that shit up, but now I can't even take it seriously.

Also, I just started Valkyria Chronicles. While I'm intrigued by the gameplay, the cut scenes are painfully bad. JRPGs need to up their game in storytelling if they're going to survive this gen.

I feel you 100%. Look, I might be older now, but soft is soft. These storylines are weak. They cater to a very lame/chumpy demographic. I mean, if this is what they think is going to make them bread in the long run then surely theyve been drinking their own koolaid... or piss. Either way it can't have a very good after taste.

Sure the FF name alone is going to get you a couple mil in sales off the bat. This generation of game consumers simply wouldn't know any better. But no matter how you present it.. trash stinks.. and after a while people are gonna want to keep it out of their households.

I could see someone coming in and totally fuck shit up in the JRPG market or RPG market in general and FORCE these companies to ball up.. But it would take some serious direction and movement away from this girly shit that more or less the entire market has fallen into.

Never tried Vandal Hearts. Might have to give it a try. I'm currently replaying Kingdom Hearts with my roommate then eventually moving onto the second one. As fun as the first one is, there are some pretty huge flaws in the game design. Camera and targeting system is awful. Half the time I end up targeting a box or picture across the room. Then theres the gummi ship......

I'm a big fan of VIII but IX is still my favorite. Badass characters plus a four person party system just adds a whole new level of complexity that was just sooo good.

i mean, Amarant Coral? Is he the biggest badass or what?

ff9-amarant.jpg

IX was/is my favourite (the last FF i ever played was X) and to me it was perfect, except the final boss which game out of nowhere. worst final RPG boss battle ever. trance kuja (best name ever) should have been the final du.