Osaka showdown

Flash

i was thinking about beautiful freaks seven samurai thread and thought it could be a good idea to start something similar with the osaka5 brands

just to clarify this would not be a contest and there would not be a set time limit to wear the jeans

so to get this started all we need is 4 people that each have a pair of reletively unworn jeans from the osaka5

i have a pair of evisu 2000 no.1 to wear so thats evisu covered all we need is a pair from warehouse ,fullcount ,studio d artisan and denime (easier said than done) so anyone interested please pm me (i could be a bit slow to get back to you cause my computer is being a bit unpredictable and im trying to make do with my phone and a ps3

Flash evisu 2000 no.1

Surrealizm WH700

Slab denime kyoto

Weinfield denime 66xx

Hazardkid FC1108

Forbidden SD101

Edited by Flash

well i suppose 2 years would be ok , i know its still denime but its the denim that allways had me hooked with the old denime (jelous of your 66xx realy wanted to join that contest) but on the other hand it ould be nice to see how the new denim compares

yeah, I always wanted to see some of the new Denimes. Till now all we heard were rumors and opinions but no proofs (I respect Naoki from PSA and he stopped carrying Denime because of the change but still, I need some pics).

Are you planning to have a limit of 5 guys? Then I would say only the flagship models should be used.

Evisu = No.1 denim

SDA = 10* denim

Fullcount = their 13,74oz denim

Warehouse = well...1001X denim?!

Denime = XX denim (new and old)?

My brother grabbed my 66XX. I hope he does them justice :)

I like this idea but i think it's also worth considering comparable cuts as well as denim, e.g.

SDA 101 v Evisu 2001 No 1 v Denime XX type v Warehouse 1001XX v Fullcount 0105

OR

SDA 103 v Evisu 2000 No 1 v Denime 66XX v Warehouse/Dubbleworks 660 v Fullcount 1108

I'd be interested as I have both SDA 101 and Warehouse 1001XX unworn but am going away for 5 months next week and won't be taking either. My main jeans will be LVC 1915s plus some Eternal 874s.

nice idea flash!

but I think you should set a kind of time frame,

Agreed. Gotta get some sorta start and finish. If I could get my hands on a pair of standard FC 0105s, I'd be in like Errol. I have a pair of WH 1001XX, but they've got a good two or three months wear in them.

I like this idea but i think it's also worth considering comparable cuts as well as denim, e.g.

SDA 101 v Evisu 2001 No 1 v Denime XX type v Warehouse 1001XX v Fullcount 0105

OR

SDA 103 v Evisu 2000 No 1 v Denime 66XX v Warehouse/Dubbleworks 660 v Fullcount 1108

I'd be interested as I have both SDA 101 and Warehouse 1001XX unworn but am going away for 5 months next week and won't be taking either. My main jeans will be LVC 1915s plus some Eternal 874s.

fair point. or you gather 10 contestants so that both kinds of cuts are represented

@flash: it's his first pair of raws...you gotta start somewehere and why not at the top ;)

i think finding 10 contestants could prove quite hard ,

@setterman im sure a few months couldnt hurt so wour welcome to take the warehouse spot , please let me know

thanks for the interest friedman but could i convince you to take the SDA's along wih you?

It's about time my gf got crackin' on using the new slr lenses and extensions I got her for Christmas.

I'm going to shoot some pics of my 700s asap, though I officially started to wear them on 1/1/2011. Can't wait, though I'm currently stuck in office!!

Cheers!

Andy

Just let me know when you decide on an official start date, and then we can prepare and really kick it off with loads of pictures on day 1.

Luckily, in my office we're allowed to wear casual clothing, so jeans are not a problem! Furthermore, I'm glad to give my 700s a further purpose that will motivate me even more to wear them hard and often.

do they have to be a pair of brand new unsoaked denim?

i have a couple of pairs with practically no mileage on them (no fades) but they have been soaked/worn (Denime Kyoto and Warehouse 1001XX 15th)

@setterman im sure a few months couldnt hurt so wour welcome to take the warehouse spot , please let me know

I'll give others the oppurtunity to jump into this event first since I'm focused on the cultizm/LVC contest right now. If no one steps up, I'll see what my 1001s and I can do.

I'd be happy to do the Denime 66xx if you guys want/approve. They're from Shins, so they're not the oldest owners of Denime, but the one right before the new guys took over.

I've had them for awhile, but haven't really worn them. Maybe 2 weeks in total? I can stop now to wait for the others.

Here's a pick of what they look like (they're the bottom pair):

5285750931_6919330a44.jpg

If you give me 2 weeks, I can be up and running with a brand new pair of SDA S10*. Just have to bare through finals then I am off to Japan!