Osaka showdown

Flash

I'd be in for an SDA contest with my D1538XX-B but sadly I think they're too slim and will have to go up for sale.

Shame as they are some really interesting jeans.

Sorry to hear.

I went with W33 - similar to my pair of Champloos.

Normally, I go with W32 with most of SDA's models.

I doubt that the 10 of us warrant a special production run - even if things pick up I guess we will be looking at probably not more than 20 people willing to put money down for a pair of SDA's.

Realistically speaking, we have 3 options:

- tag onto one of PSA's special runs (existing or at some point in the future)

- take an existing standard/regular model

- no contest, all models allowed...

To make things worse - without limited models or special deals there will be almost no additional interest...

I mostly agree with this statement. A "real contest" with a unique contest pair most likely won't come to fruition.

There is the TCB contest, the Fullcount group order, the Denimio PBJ contest and surely many more. HWDC3 is also in the making

It's harder to move the masses to join a contest as it was several years ago. Most of our closets are filled to the top and if someone is missing a pair he/she can order them with some mouse clicks. All this combined makes it hard to get a big group together for a contest and special order

No need for a contest or group buy.  I've always felt it would be nice to see a few old timers get together on their own and commit to a specific model (or models, like the LVC thing denimhunters tried) for a year and a half.  But like you said, most of use have jeans we're working on, and others waiting in the wings

No need for a contest or group buy. I've always felt it would be nice to see a few old timers get together on their own and commit to a specific model (or models, like the LVC thing denimhunters tried) for a year and a half. But like you said, most of use have jeans we're working on, and others waiting in the wings

I like this idea too, but realistically how many people would participate.

I like this idea too, but realistically how many people would participate.

I was thinking something with four to six guys (that's not that many less than actually participate in a contest that starts with 40 to 50 guys), who aren't doing it for a prize or to get a pair of jeans that have a special fabric or patch.  Just guys who are into a brand or model and want to show case it, and are willing to commit to it fully for 12 to 18 months.  

The fairytale of the X little pigs and the big bad wolf...

Ok, let's get this going - let's find out who will join/who wants to wear what model/denim, so we can minimize the overlap!

The fairytale of the X little pigs and the big bad wolf...

Ok, let's get this going - let's find out who will join/who wants to wear what model/denim, so we can minimize the overlap!

I'm down, given a time frame. Honestly fine with the standard 15oz, but would be willing to do what ever.

• 3 months later...

ibdD0I2lPC3TdT.JPG

Very happy to complete own collection of Osaka5 denim.

Currectly on wear is only the Evisu as I am rotating it with the Century Denim until that fades out.

Planning to slowly rotate my way through in the next couple of years or so...Will be fun!

:)

• 1 month later...