Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

@SNg, dant87, chambo: Thanks for the input!

@Layne and lax: I think the stacks are a bit sloppy too. I'll try out the small cuff for a week, and go from there. I've always been hesitant to cuff selvege jeans because I think they're a tad bit snobbish (sorry guys/gals!). Maybe it's just me? It does make it look better though (and I guess that's what we're going for, right?).

On a similar note, how does hemming affect the stacks. Will they reset into a different set of stacks or maintain their current stacking? Or does each denim react differently to this? I figure the heavy denim still has time before it relaxes into "permanent" set of stacks. I thought they'd relax by the 1 month mark.

Thanks Max! I was curious how the Weird Guy cut would work, and it's been pretty good so far. These are indeed sanforized.

Provisionally, calling it for January 2012 in Berlin.

All who are interested PM me, and over the next few of months I'll look at group booking rates at some hotels.

STICKERS HAVE BEEN ORDERED! Should start shipping in about 10-12 days. Get your orders in ASAP cause when they are gone that's it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAST DAY TO ORDER A BANNER. IF YOU WANT ONE PLEASE ORDER THIS WEEK BECAUSE IT WILL BE HARD TO ORDER MORE LATER (NOT IMPOSSIBLE THOUGH). I'LL RE-POST THESE LINKS ON EACH NEW PAGE UNTIL SALE IS OVER.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have filled all the orders for the HDC T-Shirts and shipped them all out

here is a link to what's left if anyone still wants one.

If you don't see the color and size you want then it's SOLD OUT!

As of now there is at least one in every size and color.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

popeye3blackbutton.png

Click here

popeye2blackbutton.png

Click here

Popeye4-blackbutton.png

you can now order your banner here.

3 size options :

18" x 12" - 24" x 36" - 30" x 48"

$25.00 - $35.00 - $45.00

(prices adjusted for shipping anywhere on earth)

Let me know if you have any problem with the order page.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS WITH YOUR ORDER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE POST PICS WHEN YOU GET YOUR STUFF!!

I'm glad i live in SoCal. We had a 75 degree afternoon today. Went scuba diving at Catalina island and shit.

Sup with a SoCal/California-wide meet up?

I live in LA too. Weather's been so nice that I went to Disneyland.

i took a another quick fit pic with Mickey after a day at Disneyland

5422481613_03084f5f3b.jpg

Inspired by Joshyle's experiment, I am thinking of doing a little experimentation myself with frequency of washes.

S5000VX 21oz

I'm going to machine wash these, with no spin, every thirty or so wears over the two year period. They have already had one machine wash, and they will get another 11 washes between now and the end (as I am alternating month to month with my other pair.

S5000BK 17oz

These will receive 1 hot soak every 6 months, and 1 machine wash every 6 months (unless I fall in dog shit or something). The rest of the time I will air them or use Fabreeze. They have had 1 hot initial hot soak, which I will not count, so far.

I'm interested to see if this has a baring on fading, or wear properties. The experiment will be far from conclusive though as they are two different weights of denim, but it will interest me, ha ha.

@fur, Toganpro, superbeveridge: I'm heading down to Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal during reading week (Feb 20-26) with my brothers. Anyone down for meeting up?

@nate: Awesome photo with Mickey Mouse!

@Megatron: I'm excited to see the results of the experiment. Dare I go two years with no wash?

STICKERS HAVE BEEN ORDERED! Should start shipping in about 10-12 days. Get your orders in ASAP cause when they are gone that's it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEADLINE IS 4:00PM CST to order Banners.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have filled all the orders for the HDC T-Shirts and shipped them all out

here is a link to what's left if anyone still wants one.

If you don't see the color and size you want then it's SOLD OUT!

As of now there is at least one in every size and color.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

popeye3blackbutton.png

Click here

popeye2blackbutton.png

Click here

Popeye4-blackbutton.png

you can now order your banner here.

3 size options :

18" x 12" - 24" x 36" - 30" x 48"

$25.00 - $35.00 - $45.00

(prices adjusted for shipping anywhere on earth)

Let me know if you have any problem with the order page.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS WITH YOUR ORDER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE POST PICS WHEN YOU GET YOUR STUFF!!