Megatron1505

Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

BTW - I have a feeling that there should be a pair of od's in this contest. So I'm keeping my options open - BB will be done in February - might wear those..hehe

I think as much variation as possible to see how denim weight might have an influence on the outcome.

does that mean your 811BG are alerady done for you, before you started wearing them? :)

Completely agree on the Strike Golds and having an OD pair in the comp, Kiya how's about signing up yourself with the Strike Golds?

Beatle, go with the OD busters, they would be great for this comp.

I'd love to be in, but unfortunately my IH 634 S-B has been worn since mid November. That'll be too much, I fear. I didn't soak or wash yet and wore them on weekends and on the evenings after work. But still, they're basically worn for 4-5 weeks. If I had known this idea would come up, I would've waited.

Woukd love to have you on board Max Power !

But I think we should make a cut somewhere or else there won't be much difference to the regular Evolution-thread. It's Megatron's decision as he organized it

Thanks. And I fully see and understand the point. I'll lay back and let others decide :-D

What's everyones opinion on keeping the last spots open only for brands or models that we don't already have? I'm thinking the SDA ( Aztec?), Fearless,Strike Gold, PBJ, ONI ... That kind of thing.

i'd like to join with my iron heart dc4001 (21oz) but they've been worn lightly for 2 weeks now. i guess i could just wear a different pair for 2 weeks at the start to even everything out again

I would agree.

We/You could collect all willing participants with denim that is already represented on another back-up list and if the "main spots" won't get filled with the rarer models, just fill it up with the others

No, they're good as they are Lenn, welcome. I'll add you to the list later as I am at work at the moment.

Agreed b_F, Lenn has a different model IH so he is fine. All other willing participants whose denim is already represented will have to go on a reserve list until the beginning of Feb, then we see where we are at.

sweet! thanks, looking forward for my first competition

also agree on reserving spots for different brands

Okay , guys, I think it would be great to keep a couple of slots open for the above mentioned reasons..

Given that this is a 2 year contest I will participate with 2 pairs..hehe

IHXB01 21oz signature denim

IHX666 18oz od

This way you will get double amount of pics - and an od pair as well

great idea beats!

as for now it looks like a contest between IH and Samurai ;)

but it would be interesting to see how these two brand's philosphies compare. ok both are known for using heavy denim but still their philosophy is different (IMO)

so we really need more jeans from other brands!

Megatron,

I would like to join the competition, since I'm wearing SExDBxSxSF12 now.

So i will be cross compete with the upcoming official SExDB contest that is going to start Feb, 1st.

*cheers*

I look forward to bringing my PBJs into play. i still have to get them though, but just thinking about them makes me all warm inside.

Cool, so here are my 2 pairs.

5319766408_dfd2b239f1_z.jpg

5316012305_7f055deabf_z.jpg

monthly updates would be cool

Lucaas, really sorry man but there are already 2 pairs of the DB collaboration participating, would you like me to add you to the reserve list?

breaks my heart :D

kidding, well it's okay, just put me on the reserve list.

Sorry Max, I meant to respond to you too, I'm at work and doing all this on my iPhone. Would you like me to add you to the reserve list?

I don't have any heavyweight denim. Could I just wear two pairs of normal weight jeans, one on top of the other?

EDIT: C'mon, they're both Warehouse, so we'll have another brand!

Sorry Max, I meant to respond to you too, I'm at work and doing all this on my iPhone. Would you like me to add you to the reserve list?

No prob, Reserve list sounds not too bad :)

You're added :D

Thx and I'm curious to see this evolve. A monthly update should be minimum, IMO.