Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

I'm currently wearing a pair of Burgus Lot 780 (17.4 oz), although I started wearing them at the beginning of December (with some minimal wear from the previous owner).

I didn't intend on wearing these for the next two years when I started wearing them but for this I might. If it's alright, I'll stop wearing them December 1 2012. I don't mind if the rules don't allow me to participate in the contest; I'll still provide updates for the sake of documenting the evolution of the jeans.

Here they are when I first started wearing them:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2526163&postcount=110

@ ah_long : take the 24oz beast! the heavier, the better ;)

that's what my first choice is.. but then my S5000VX has been sitting in the closet for 2 years..

can't really decide.. the thing is.. many 24oz is 24oz post shrink, this pair os a 27oz post shrink, I think it would be the heaviest denim amongst all everyone.. lol

Swede Alex, ah_long and Peter Parker, welcome all. Could you let me know which manufacturer and model of denim will be your chosen pair and I'll add you to the competitors list.

Edit : Just saw that you will be wearing the Burgus PP, and your Double Volantes Alex.

ah_long I was going to go for the 24oz Sams, but it's a hell of a tesk for 2 years in denim that heavy, if BIG still had my size in the regulars I would still be tempted. Go for it dude and you'd certainly get my respect.

trying to sell my almost new s0500xx to get me some money for the black pig.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2542189#post2542189

you can see i´m really trying to get in on this...

Ha ha, I've just put my PBJ 005's up for sale, as I wont be wearing them due to this contest.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=254373

Swede Alex, ah_long and Peter Parker, welcome all. Could you let me know which manufacturer and model of denim will be your chosen pair and I'll add you to the competitors list.

Edit : Just saw that you will be wearing the Burgus PP, and your Double Volantes Alex.

Thanks alot! I´ll be wearing my DV´s for sure and I´m really excited about this heavyweight championship!

Great choice Beatle and Megatron! Looking forward to this...

All the best

I think we should only go up to 20 combatants (assuming we get that many), otherwise it could get messy. I'll reserve a place for Aztec as the dude is working his ass off to get in the competition.

8 places left people, all you guys with shiny new Samurai's, Iron Hearts, DB's and SDA's, step up and test your metal. I'm looking at Seul and his new BB's, laxlife1234 and your Sams, cure and your DB's,and anyone else with some New Year heavies to show off.

The start date is flexible (within reason) some have already started wearing, some will be a couple of weeks before they start, its a 24 month competition so thats not really an issue.

The prize is seeing the 24 month development of the heaviest denim currently produced by the manufacturers that we all love....head to head for the first time history, isn't that motivation enough? It should be.

Anyway, I dont think we'd get very far asking for sponsorship with a competition like this, as it is open to all manufacturers. Therefore there wouldn't be much benefit in a company like Self Edge or Blue in Green getting involved.

btw i´d set a limit for same jeans models. 2 (max. 3) pairs of the same model should be enough imo.

haha, that's y I asked megatron before joining. I agreed it'd be more interesting to see different heavy weight fading rather than too many of the same pairs...

But still trying my luck, thanks for the add megatron :)

I hope, with different lifestyle between mine and b_F's will create different type of evo.

only N&F as a sample model, right?

fearless would also offer very heavy denim and for the lowest price point out there

Apparently they(Kuroki) had a roll for sale at PV Paris not too long ago, Benzak got himself a few yards and the Edwin brand posted a prototype on their blog forgot when though.

And yes the Fearless offerings on Rakuten are really tempting!