Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Congrats Beatle and Thin Finn to this great updates

Just awesome

So, here is the sneak preview of follow up to the HWDC. After giving it much thought, and drinking much beer, and buying much denim, and drinking more beer, may I present ........

THE DENIM AND BEER WORLD CUP 2013

More details to follow (got some stuff to work out), suffice to say that if you own denim, and like beer, you can enter.

** I realise that 2013 is still a fairly long way off, but you may need time to save for jeans/ select jeans, and practice your drinking.

Please feel free to make any suggestions or amendments that you feel could improve this, but basically....

The basic contest idea is as follows.

* Each person selects their (new) denim, any brand, any weight, any cut, so long as it is new.

* Each person selects up to 5 varieties of beer, people need variety

* The denim part of the contest runs as any normal denim contest, update your evo etc....

* The contest will actually begin in December 2012.

* The contest will run for 12 or 24months, undecided on this yet.

* At the end of the first month, each competitor will drink one of their chosen beers (if it is a 24 month contest).

* At the end of the first month, each competitor will drink two of their chosen beers (if it is a 12 month contest).

* The amount of beer increases by one (or two) each month.

* Beer must be consumed in a 24 hour period.

* By the end of the contest, each competitor will have some nicely faded denim.

* On New Years Eve of the contest year end, each competitor will have 24 hours to drink 24 beers

* Results of both the denim, and the beer consumption must be recorded (in detail) at the end of every month.

Feedback/ suggestions appreciated.

Sounds promising Mega about the denim and beer contest, although I'm more in chocolate milk then in beer so far

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

ha ha, go back a few ( a lot) pages for the explanation.

basically, as the field has narrowed from the beginning I will moderate at the end of the contest. it's not too hard these days to just do a post search from the contestant list, just something I don't have masses of time for right now.

Megatron, have you thought about those who are underage but want to participate? I think laxlife is underage to drink in the States.

Unfortunately, any contest involving beer will be for over 21's only participants in the US.

However, I am thinking over a couple of fairly major amendments to the contest, which I will put to the vote at a later date :)

Edited by Megatron1505

You must love wearing those beatle, they look really good.

Does anyone live near a selfedge I could potentially mail my pair to and have you take them in for repairs? I would definitely compensate you for your time.

I might be up for the job! Just curious, why don't you just mail them in?

X Post: This is not part of the competition but I thought if there was anyone who was interested in these, he/she will be on this thread...

Here ya go:

IMG_1485.jpg

I think I ordered these last summer when they were first announced but there was a long and tumultuous process of getting the leather label on etc...i lost track of all the final touches they were putting on it.

I have a couple of N&F pieces in both the Weird Guy and Skinny Guy so I know to order a size 30 in the Weird Guy fit. Surprisingly the 30s seen here were impossibly tight on me. They fit more like the Skinny Guys and with this being unsanforized, I didn't want to take a chance with them shrinking too much so I asked Blue Owl to switch. Thankfully the switch only took a few days! Thanks Jay!

IMG_1488.jpg

Look how crazy thick the leather patch is!

IMG_1489.jpg

And the fit:

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Denim is very smooth, not slubby, and super thick. It feels like putting on armor. So far no cuts and bruises from this like I had with the 24oz Sammies but the back pockets do dig at the back of my thighs.

IMG_1492.jpg

They certainly look interesting, and the fit looks spot on. How do they feel in terms of weight and thickness, compared to the 24oz Samurai? What about in terms of construction quality?