Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

It would be awsome to join in on the fun next time around and get a proper feel for the community here on Sufu.

About the idea of a specific contestjean if we go for a slimmer cut as Mega suggests. Don't wanna look rediculous on the net. :D

The most widely appealing cut I can think of is something similar to the Iron Heart Beatle Buster. Slim (ish), with a mild taper below the knee.

Would it be realistic to put together some kind of SEx__xSuFu collab jean? SE's collab cuts seem to appeal to a broad range, and many are similar to the buster cut. IDK what brand would fill in the blank though.

not sure how long any of those productions / collabs take to put together . . .

The possibility of making the jeans is there, if enough people are interested. At this stage I just want a rough idea of whether the interest makes this a feasible idea.

I haven't spoken to anyone yet, but Iron Heart would be my first choice for the following reasons..

* They were by far the most popular brand in the first competition.

* They do heavy denim really well, as it is their speciality.

* Communication and specification would be easier, as we have a relationship with the brand.

* The only other choice amongst the major labels would be Samurai, who are notoriously difficult to deal with.

* Dealing with a smaller brand would more than likely increase costs.

As I said, no conversations have taken place yet, this is just an idea (which may go nowhere) in my tiny mind.

I´m def up for a special produced denim for the next competition.

A slim tapered fit would be to prefer (in my case) :) Like the new 555-denim by IH.

I´m on board anyways!

SE/IH is just gonna cause the price of the jeans to get jacked up, just saiyan....probably 300+ range. would be nice to get quality heavy for sub 300

most of you seem balling to be able to afford denim at this price so i guess it doesnt bother you as much

Edited by TooAwesome

Wow, there seems to be an incredible amount of conclusions being leapt to here, with very little information, and the first one that I want to dispell is that IF there is a contest jean you will not have to buy it to join the contest. Secondly, I would imagine that any price would be reflective of other jeans in their league of weight and quality. If that would be a surprise to anyone then I wonder which forum you have been reading, and what jeans you have been buying ?

If I were entering this contest, I think I'd go for either the 21oz Studio D'artisan D1546 or the 20oz Flat Head 2015.

EDIT: I also like those Oni 20oz Blue fit that BiG have.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

you can't deny IH is an expensive brand (I can't rememeber any of their new jeans released in the last month were under 400$). in the sub-300$ category there would most likely only be n&f and that one kojima brand with their line up of heavy and cheap jeans.

but as megatron said: no one is forced to buy a pair of this eventually made special pair to join round 2 or even to join at all :D

b_F, Samurai range their pricing between 325 and 450, not counting the AI models. Plenty of the newer models at BiG are between 375 and 450, which I am guessing is due to batch size, pattern costs, type of denim and other features.

What I am currently discussing is a super heavyweight jean, in a modified cut, with other special features, at a discounted price. Yes it will be above 400, but that is far less than it "should" be.

If anyone can get me a similar product made, to the highest quality, in Japan, by a well recognised brand, for sub 350, please, please PM me (seriously).

Exactly.

Right, I'm shutting down this discussion in this thread. This is for the current HWDC, and I think we have de-railed it enough (mainly my fault). I don't want to distract at all from the amazing denim that is shown in this thread, so all further discussion for the HWDC Round 2, and any collaboration jeans, will be in a new thread which I will set up either later today or tomorrow.....when I have "something to announce" :P