Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Thanks guys - I´m going to have the numerous crotch-rips repaired during the next days for the "showdown" :)

Max, the wheels are Crypto Classic K 65mm - it´s a Sc8te Longboard. I wish I would use the longboard more, but sadly it just doesn´t seem to be the right thing for me.

• 2 weeks later...

random note...only 4.5 months left ...beat the shit out of ur denimz

5409712631_8011241d74_z.jpg

and remember - curtesy of Kiya@Selfedge

"I would like to add some prizes and also extend the start date.

I think we should start this February 1st.

-$25 Gift Certificate to Self Edge (for third place)

-$50 Gift Certificate to Self Edge (for second place)

-$100 Gift Certificate to Self Edge (for first place)

-I will buy you lunch and get you super duper wasted (The "you're a drunk" award") [only available in SF, NY, LA, or Tokyo according to my schedule]

-Your jeans will be turned into a set of 2000 stickers to be mailed out with our orders and given to customers along with our normal Self Edge stickers, paid for by Self Edge (The Grail Jawnz Award)

-You buy me lunch and at least three beers (Your jeans look terrible, you wasted the mill's time that it took to weave that denim)

-A never before released jean from Self Edge that nobody will ever have, let's hope it's your size. (The "i destroyed my jeans beyond recognition" award)

As B says, 4.5 months to go and all to play for. Also don't forget about the "Title Belt" from our friends over at Obbigood.

And just announce, the HWDC2 will commence on the 1st of February 2013. I have already got my chosen denim, and I'm interested to see how many will be interested to go again.

Format remains the same, 24 months to inflict maximum evo/ punishment/ destruction on your jawns.

Any and all sponsors, prizes and judged remain tba until closer to the event. Please PM me with any questions, thoughts or just to register your interest. I will get a thread up at the back end of the year to deal with organisation.

Cosign with the rest!

I´ll be glad to participate!

I´m thinking of buying new denim but might just wait if round 2 of this here competition will kick of.

Now this has been established, you have to progress and evolve. I think that only denim of 27oz + should be allowed to participate in Round 2.

People like me living in Singapore and the surrounding countries will literally die of heat stroke.

People like me living in Singapore and the surrounding countries will literally die of heat stroke.

Darwinism man, if you can't wear the jeans, you can't continue living.

Edited by Ghoul

Opinions Needed

Just sat thinking about the next round of the HWDC (and I don't want to shit up this thread with too much talk of the next comp, when this one is far from over), and I started to think about maybe a signature jean for the competition.

Obviously, I wouldn't want to make this a one jean competition (thats not what the comp is about), but I really like the idea of having a "competition specific" jean. In another way it would be cool to see how the competition jean might fare against other jeans.

The response I have had from people interested in the next round so far has been great, and the HWDC tee's that Beats and Jimmy sorted for us last time sold really well (as did the stickers), I think it would add to the sense of community of the comp if we had our own jean, exclusive to the comp. What do you guys think?

** Just to add my disclaimer, this is not for me or anyone else to make any money, I am not about that when it comes to this comp. i genuinely just think that this could be a really cool, exclusive, item for us all to enjoy.