Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

I have created a Facebook group for the comp, I figured that it could make it easier to arrange any future meet ups etc...

This is in no way to replace the thread in terms of general posting and especially pictures.

Please feel free to join, unless you dont want anyone to know your real name or something odd like that...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_191664240865109&ap=1

x-post from wayjdt!

warning: picture overload !!! :)

me and my jeans spent the whole day with these bad boys...

surveying instruments for 30.000€ from the university (left box: tachymeter (measures with lasers) , right box: gps set)

bild9290.jpg

a fellow student and me had to measure this small course of a stream for a student research project!

bild9270.jpg

Nr.1 - a small dam

bild9292.jpg

bild9276.jpg

Nr.2 - a little spillway in case of high flood

bild9263.jpg

First we had to use the GPS gadget to tell us the exact coordinates of our position

(needed two fixed points!)

bild9294.jpg

bild9297.jpg

bild9295.jpg

after a few trys - the coordinates of the fixed points!

bild9322.jpg

to cont. ...

cont. ...

after that we've marked each point with a nail and prepared the tachymeter to start the actual work!

bild9326.jpg

bild9327.jpg

Backside which shows all of the data we need to know to insert those into CARD (computer programm!)

bild9328.jpg

Frontside, where the laser comes out of!

bild9329.jpg

The lasers are getting reflected from a small mirror -> click! and this way the tachymeter receives all the data (distance,height,...) we need to know!

waywt

bild9317.jpg

bild9318.jpg

after we've measured all 49points our work was done, i've changed clothes and went back to university and joined some other fellow students

bild9330.jpg

now it's chill-out-time

bild9288.jpg

thx for watching...!