Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Hey, I just noticed that I am being in the contest list right now. That's great, but I just wanted to make sure, if that's fine with you, as I wore my IH for 4 weeks between Nov and Dec 2010. Since the mid of dec. I've been only wearing my PB Tour Jeans and as I have to wear suits to work, the IH got and will get only wear on the evening and on weekends.

But if someone says, that it's not ok for him/her that I participate, I understand that and will enjoy watching from the outside.

You wear is relative to the contest conditions, its fine with me Max. You wore them prior to December but did not wear them in Decmeber, so go for it man.

Yeah, its about 15-30 minutes away from me depending on traffic, but I can't go in by myself since I'm not old enough yet. And with midterms coming up and work it'll be a wile before I can go.

But yeah, if I get the SG's the will be more of casual wear for the first year, and ill wear the sammies hard for the first year, and then vice versa. So both should look pretty worn.

Thanks. So I'm checking in:

634 S-B, 32*36, 21 oz. The cotton/denim is really soft, although it's that heavy. This will be due to the zimbabwe cotton which features longer fibres and because the starch has been washed away in the overdying process.

sany0596.jpg

sany0580.jpg

You can see the overdye on the red Works W as well, curious to see, if it will get more visible with time. Same goes for the threads, on the inseam I can see, that the "classic" IH yellow and orange threads have been used, but on the outside they are hard to see because of the black colour.

sany0581.jpg

sany0583.jpg

The Selvage line is not that visible as it's overdyed. But if you look close, you see the red line. And that the denim itself is not slubby or hairy at all. Big difference to Samurais. The jeans got massive roping right from the start, this should give cool fades.

First fit pics:

sany0603q.jpg

sany0604a.jpg

sany0605.jpg

I'll wear them uncuffed, as the length is perfect for me... I absolutely love the fit.

Thanks. We'll see, I don't think that they will be easy to fade. And I always considered them more of a black jeans than an indigo one. But when i wear my superblack IH Shirt, I see, that it's cleary very dark blue. Curious to see, if the black stays in in some spots or if it will wash out equally over time.

Iron Heart Beatle Buster - 21oz?

Samurai 710 - 19oz?

Iron Heart 666OD - 18oz?

final decision's getting closer :)

i´m gonna hate you if you chose IH´s. :mad:

Any of you German heavies live anywhere near Munich? I'm visiting there next month for the weekend with my family.

hey, i do lve in munich. when will you be here? (pm me if you want!)

I'm there from 4th to the 6th of Feb, just a weekend visit as my wife has to visit a trade fair at the exhibition centre. I'll PM you about whats good in town to do for the weekend if thats ok.

I'm there from 4th to the 6th of Feb, just a weekend visit as my wife has to visit a trade fair at the exhibition centre. I'll PM you about whats good in town to do for the weekend if thats ok.

yeah, contact me. most likely i´ll have to work this weekend, but a short meet up for having some food should be possible.

plz don't mate...

have to think about it....:cool:

@ThinFinn

Oh no no no. My style is slim but not as slim as you sir. I was thinking of just going with PBJ AI-002. That way I can still rock them in the summer. If I were to get the 24oz (which believe I want to soooooo badly) I can't pull them off in humid Hong Kong weather.

And didn't the quoted email over at the PBJ thread said it will be a limited run from BiG?

Dam that looks mad uncomfy how is it?

Worn them once for pics. They are N&F 19 oz. Elephant skins.

Interior is soft on the inside, but the exterior is rough as shit. I can't wear to beat the hell out of these.

I was itching to wear them and now with the competition.... sigh.

I don't care about winning the prize (theres a prize??) I just wanted to beat the hell out of these :)

Import And Exciting Announcement - Prize

Ok, so there has been a few mentions of a prize for this suddenly mega contest. So in keeping with flavour of our Superfuture Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World theme I have been in contact with our good friend James at Obbigood to see what they could do about coming up with a "boxing" style championship belt. I sent James the following picture to give him an idea of what I was talking about, and this is what he had to say about what he could do for us...

images-1.jpg

The shape will be as wat you have shown me in pics, boxing champion style. The front part will be 8" diameter, curve down to the back 4" width.

On this 4" width, we will separate it into 1" double strap for buckle securing.

The whole belt will be made of Natural Veg Tan leather (yet to confirm the thickness). But on the front part, we will stitch up a round Black Natural Veg Tan leather.

On this Black round leather, the wordings, "SUFU HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP' will be formed by silver dome rivets around the circumference. And in the middle, the wordings 'DENIM".

We will also add some conchos to spice up the belt a little.

I think that sounds unbelievable personally, and I'm so stoked that James could help us out in this way.

What we're going to need to make this happen is to help cover the costs of materials and shipping,this will total just $100 including shipping. So I'm asking each participant for a minimum contribution of $4, thats right just $4 for this incredible prize.

If you could forward your contribution to .....

[email protected]

...it would be greatly appreciated.

Dont forget to send as a gift, and let the guys at obbigood know what the payment is for.

I'd like to thank obbigood for this amazing support and help.

That sounds fantastic. Exactly what I was thinking would be good. And who can't spend $4.

Exactly, obbigood have kept the price low as good will to our comp, and I have kept the contributions low because if every playa in the comp can afford $300 - $500 denim, they can sure as shit afford 4 bucks to enjoy this shared competition and compete for this incredible prize.