Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Still too late to join? I got a pair of Naked & Famous Elephant skins for Christmas

might be fun to see a pair of jeans on here that cost less than half of the majority of jeans we have on the list. could solve once for all how well these stand up against the big brands.

Sooo... what's the final word on the number of contestants and allowed brands/cuts? I'm hoping to pick up my first pair of Samurai's-- either the 17oz S5000vx or the S710xx-- later this month. I'm hoping for the S5000vx's, but as of now, BiG doesn't have them in my size. I'd planned on "unofficially" participating anyway, but would be happy to make it official.

^just a short question:

how many denim purchases have you done in the last few weeks? :)

Actually only 2, my flat heads (which ill probably sell, to get these), and the samurai contest jeans. But I will probably buy one more pair after the SG's (lighter weights) for when summer comes so when I'm not working I can wear those. Either way, I'm experimenting and trying out different brands and denim cuts and styles..but I am going to sell off or at least try to sell off all the jeans I have so I only will own 2-3 pairs.

Actually only 2, my flat heads (which ill probably sell, to get these), and the samurai contest jeans. But I will probably buy one more pair after the SG's (lighter weights) for when summer comes so when I'm not working I can wear those. Either way, I'm experimenting and trying out different brands and denim cuts and styles..but I am going to sell off or at least try to sell off all the jeans I have so I only will own 2-3 pairs.

dude, if I know you bought the SG's instead of my FH special edition.. I'll kill you!!

no I'm not kidding

fit piiics!

so someony should finally buy one of the Strike Golds! maybe someone of the IH-guys want to switch?

I'll do them after I get them hemmed @ Take 5 or BiG.. right now.. they are way way too long..

inseam shrank only 2 inches though.. I expect them to shrink a bit more down the road... I might soak them again before I bring them for hemming

might be fun to see a pair of jeans on here that cost less than half of the majority of jeans we have on the list. could solve once for all how well these stand up against the big brands.

Fucking In.

I'ma run these into the ground.

img0105jpgvkp.JPG

img0104jpggoqp.JPG

img0106jpglgc5.JPG

edit - saw the judges list and then looked at the entry list. LE SIGH.

UNCMN I need to know how heavy those N+F are before I can add you to the competitors list.

laxlife1234 will the SG's be your competition pair, or will you be doubling up "Beatle style"?

I can understand why everyone is worried abt judging bias, no one wants to work hard on a pair for 2 years only to lose out unfairly.

So in favour of everyone having some peace of mind, have 2 systems in place. Judging panel will pick their top 3, and polls will open after 2 years and Sufu members can pick their top 3.

If prizes are being offered, the value should be even on both the judges side as well as the crowd favourites. And if theres a repeat winner in the crowd favourites, then the next pair will be selected.

Sounds fair?

saintkeat, the topic of judging has been addressed (repeatedly and at length) and is now closed. The only prizes on offer (if any) will be those offered or contributed to by competitors.

maybe you should at least try to find out how the jeans fit and fabric is like before you buy everything. of course owning a pair and trying it on is a big plus but with little effort and research you'll know how a cut looks on you by searching&comparing fit pics&measurements.

kiya's offer for the heavyweight SG is generous but keep in mind that you dedicated yourself to the S500JX-LR contest for one year (at least you should have as you signed up for it)

From the PBJ thread, someone quoted Gordon's email that it is coming out sometime Jan/Feb. So it will either be out on time for this competition or it will be too late.

UNCMN I need to know how heavy those N+F are before I can add you to the competitors list.

laxlife1234 will the SG's be your competition pair, or will you be doubling up "Beatle style"?

If I do that I will be doubling up like Beatle.

maybe you should at least try to find out how the jeans fit and fabric is like before you buy everything. of course owning a pair and trying it on is a big plus but with little effort and research you'll know how a cut looks on you by searching&comparing fit pics&measurements.

kiya's offer for the heavyweight SG is generous but keep in mind that you dedicated yourself to the S500JX-LR contest for one year (at least you should have as you signed up for it)

That's what I'm doing, I may try and hit up the city to try them, but I don't think that will happen due to midterms coming up, and work. But I mean if I am rotating 2 pair of jeans the samurais will get just as much wear as any other pair of jeans I would be using as another pair that I would be rotating.

But if I get the strike golds, those and the samurais would be my 2 main jeans, and I would put a bit more wear on the samurais.

For the cut though I am pretty sure I want that cut since I got used to a looser cut on my F350's. And I am dedicated to samurais, but I could never wear the same exact jeans for a whole year straight without having something to rotate in.

how far is NYC away from you? you really should use the opportunity to try on a lot of jeans when you go there.

of course I won't wear the S500JX-LR everyday the next year but 90% should be doable. on top of that, I might also take another pair for this contest into rotation later on.