Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

To anyone who has enquired about joining with their new jeans, but is unsure as there is already a pair competing.

We are fully open to all, anyone with a pair of jeans unworn before the 1st of December 2010, which weighs over 17oz may enter. Just PM me the model of jeans which you will be wearing to compete.

Judges

Confirmed

Kiya - Selfedge

Giles - Iron Heart UK

Lewis - Superdenim

Fahrad - SUFU

To Be Confirmed

K-San - Double Volante

Daniel - DC4

almostnice - SUFU

Haptronic - SUFU

Sidneylo - SUFU

chicken - SUFU

Unfortunately Declined

Gordon - BIG

Paul T - SUFU

Paul has stated that he prefers to compete in competitions than judge them, which is fair.

I like all judges and highly respect them, but ( I say this as iron heart lover) - it could be a bit biased? I would prefer to see forum members without commercial interests. But that's just my first thought when I read the list. And after all, it's about wearing, not winning, eh?

Ha ha, completely forgot that we do the date format differently in the UK, well spotted.

I will update the contestant list this evening (UK time), if I spend as long on this today as I did yesterday there is a danger that this could become my full time job, and not through choice.

If anyone else wants to have a go at getting Gordon to crack, and join the judging panel, please try.

Judges

Confirmed

Kiya - Selfedge

Giles - Iron Heart UK

Lewis - Superdenim

Fahrad - SUFU

To Be Confirmed

K-San - Double Volante

Daniel - DC4

almostnice - SUFU

Haptronic - SUFU

Sidneylo - SUFU

chicken - SUFU

Unfortunately Declined

Gordon - BIG

Paul T - SUFU

Paul has stated that he prefers to compete in competitions than judge them, which is fair.

Hey guys!

Good morning to all! That´s what we got here in Sweden and ALOT of snow!

K-san is in! Just got it confirmed! That´s awesome!

oh come on , guys, don´t make turn this into high maintenance...all the judges above - will judge final pics that have to be posted by December 31 2012 . Each judge gets 3 votes, end of story.

Damn straight! Looking forward tonseeing the monthly updates from anyone in the competition!

oh come on , guys, don´t make turn this into high maintenance...all the judges above - will judge final pics that have to be posted by December 31 2012 . Each judge gets 3 votes, end of story.

yo do you think it's possible for you to not backseat moderate one damn thread? goddamn

Max Power isn't wrong. Right now 11/27 pairs are IH, and 2/5 judges are IH.

19 posts, 0 rep, not competing.

I'll take your position under advisement, bethesda.

I'm pretty sure pointing out potential bias in an arbitrary denim contest isn't against sufu posting rules.

I'll take your position under consideration, bethesda.

I'm pretty sure pointing out potential bias in an arbitrary denim contest isn't against sufu posting rules.

Pretty sure I'm #6. Glad to know this is a place that doesn't accept new people. Oh wait, newcomers were requested on the first page of the thread.

With the judges that have confirmed they will do it we have 5 right?

I mean it´s not like they are going to be in this thread 24/7 judging all posts and pics and evo. THey´re going to judge 25 pair of jeans in two years.

So I´m with Beatle on this one! Enough is enough...What do you say Mega???

Update after I read the first page.

27 pairs and 6 judges! And judges who I feel are REALLY REALLY GREAT! Especially considering this was just an idea that has really exploded to be able to become something epic the next two years.

Pretty sure I'm #6. Glad to know this is a place that doesn't accept new people. Oh wait, newcomers were requested on the first page of the thread.

hey you're right.. i apologize i overlooked you.

In any event I don't see the harm in hashing out potential concerns on a messageboard... it's not like we're wasting valuable finite space here. Really irks me when people with differing (potentially legitimate) opinions are told to stop rocking the boat.

I'll take your position under advisement, bethesda.

DFreshLeish is competing, #6, and whilst it might not be wrong to raise the issue of peceived bias I for one do not believe it is an issue for the following reasons....

1) The people asked to judge are experts in denim, brand affiliation aside, who would have nothing to gain from showing bias in this contest. Any jeans that this contest helps to sell are being sold right now, to the wearers not the retailers preference.

2) What was the first point raised by Kiya? He wanted more judges who weren't retailers.

3) Gordon didn't want to judge because of exactly this reaction, so well done for proving our supposed "Samurai" judge correct.

4) Most importantly, the judge list is not complete, we are still awaiting quite a few responses. Having a judging panel in place straight away is hardly a major concern for a 2 year contest is it?

Let's not forget that this is for fun guys, it's not the Olympics or anything. Let's just enjoy eh? And don't forget that this is the third day of a 730 day contest, chill out.