Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

and to think I was doubting if this contest would get enough interest.. haha

Is it bad that I'm just as excited to see the SDA pair worn in as I am my own pair?

Before I started this thread I actually PM'd Beatle to ask her to delete it after a couple of weeks if no-one was interested, shows what I know eh?

hey Mega,

Did you put me on the reserve list?

I would love to participate if someone backs out..

Sorry man, its been a long day. You're in from the start, there have been some changes, I'll update the list now.

Sorry man, its been a long day. You're in from the start, there have been some changes, I'll update the list now.

AWESOME!

You just made my day! :)

Wait, why did we close it?

Why not keep it open to as many that want to join?

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Gordon will be joining the judging panel, he has requested that his seat go to a "member of the public".

Wait, why did we close it?

Why not keep it open to as many that want to join?

We didnt, its open to all, but it looks like some people haven't read that part. I originally intended it to be an all comers competition (but I didnt think it would be this popular), then thought about capping it to stop it getting messy.

I think that , as with all competitions, some people will drop out along the way so the hard core will remain anyway.

Well since I was one of the last to be able to be apart of this contest I am very happy! So I took pics of my samurais with todays newspaper, and they have only been worn 3 times. There isn't much wear on them, they do have a tiny bit of fading (crotch area), well more like some electric blue showing so no worries there :) and I'm not going to start wearing these until I see that everyone has theirs so its fair.

IMAG0411.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

man...just was away a few hours tonight and *zoooom*, look what happened. thread explosion :D

great to have all these VIPs on board (judges I mean).

My opinion: Don't let it go too big although there will be lots of drop outs in the long run. Let's keep a little "family-feeing" :)

man...just was away a few hours tonight and *zoooom*, look what happened. thread explosion :D

great to have all these VIPs on board (judges I mean).

My opinion: Don't let it go too big although there will be lots of drop outs in the long run. Let's keep a little "family-feeing" :)

I totally agree, I´d also like to keep this a little smaller with a "family feeling" to it. Although I understand there´s alot of people that want to join in on the fun.

This competition is going to be great! I just hope all participants keep updating and showing pics. That´s what makes the whole thing going ofcourse.

Beautiful Sam´s up there as well!

Why not seek someone with the 21/23/26 oz Jeans from Naked & Famous?

I would love to see them compared to the "big" brands

I have a pair of the 24oz and the 26oz. If it's not too late, I would love to join the contest with the 24oz. obviously I am new to sufu (lurked for a while before creating an account) and this would be my first contest. only around 300 pairs of the 24oz were made by naked & famous and I grabbed one before they became unavailable. I think Megatron said you can't have worn the denim prior to 1/12/10 and I started wearing these in february 2010. if I can join the contest a day late that would be AWESOME but if not no hard feelings. cheers!

I have a pair of the 24oz and the 26oz. If it's not too late, I would love to join the contest with the 24oz. obviously I am new to sufu (lurked for a while before creating an account) and this would be my first contest. only around 300 pairs of the 24oz were made by naked & famous and I grabbed one before they became unavailable. I think Megatron said you can't have worn the denim prior to 1/12/10 and I started wearing these in february 2010. if I can join the contest a day late that would be AWESOME but if not no hard feelings. cheers!

I think Megatron was using the English date format dd/mm/yy rather than the US one, so this would mean 01 Dec 2010 rather than Jan 12 2010.

#20 checking in, will get better pics/better lighting soon.

2vjy6tc.jpg

jtuy9u.jpg

23ucvfa.jpg

2db438p.jpg

ehmdmx.jpg

I don't see the point in letting in duplicates (more than 1 contender with the same model). Too many of the same model (SExDBxSxS for instance) will skew the chances.

I think to really see different results we shouldn't limit what jeans are allowed. I've seen quite a few contests and you'd be surprised how different the same jeans can turn out on different people.