Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

pics with newspaper? :confused:

yep, three of em. But as we have three different wearers and lifestyle it's all good. ;)

Last date is 01/02/11, and you must be in possession of your jeans by that date.

As the contest progresses over the next few months we can decide a judging criteria, I was thinking of asking both Gordon and Kiya, and other denim luminaries if they would be interested in helping to judge.

may i add lewis from superdenim to your list? i bought my piglet from him. he´s always extremely helpful and cares for his customers.

Yeh, could you ask him if he'd be interested in helping us out at some point in the future Atzec?

I just mailed Gordon to order my jeans and asked him the same thing.

Maybe I could ask Kunyushi-san as well? The guy behind Double Volante...

He´s not a "big" brand or a "big" shop but he´s been in the business for years and years.

Just an idea...

Being that there's IH , DB and Samurai in the mix - the big 3 should judge

Giles, Kiya and Gordon.

this will bring IH in favor of the judges (kiya and giles). that´s why i wanted to add lewis...

i also think a poll (like in the mother of all contests) would be nice. this is a contest by the people, without any support of any company or shop- so let the people chose their champion!

If any or all of the guys mentioned above wanted to help out in judging this contest I would be so pleased that I might actually explode.

yeah, add those other 2 guys and you have 5 votes ...sounds fair enough, plus - I doubt Giles or Kiya would vote in favor of a brand.

No I doubt that as well. It´s not like they are winning anything voting for a specific brand. Just the BEST pair!

Oh I forgot to say...Good luck all! May the best jean win!

Ok, we need to contact the respective, prospective judges. I vote Beatle for Kiya, Giles, SwedeAlex to contact Kunyushi-san, Atzec to contact Lewis, and I've already asked Gordon.

I vote for more judges that don't have retail stores.

I vote Farhad, Chicken, Hap, and Sidney.

Judges - quick list

retailers

Gordon, Giles Kiya, Lewis

denim artist

Kunyushi-san - and how about Kenji-san from AmoskeagXX ?

Forum members

Chicken, PaulT, Almostnice, Farhad , Hap & Sid

Lets keep this list as is, we dont want as many judges as we have participants do we? All the guys above have enough respect for their knowledge and opinions on denim to be more than worthy judges of a contest like this, and I doubt we'll get them all anyway (I'm stoked that we have Kiya and Giles).

Who's sending the PM's to forum members?

This is two year slog man, theres going to be plenty of meat for all us vultures on this denim.

And I wasn't even trying with those 710's ...... honestly.....:o