Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Alex Great, great pics man, if thats the flavour of your updates I am excited to see the evo on your DV's.

Aztec I knew you'd pull through, great choice man.

Stacks sorry dude, fixed.

ThinFinn may I suggest the Strike Golds?

One place left of the roster, who's going to take it with something extraordinary? To save anyone the bother of PM'ing me there will be no more Samurai or Iron Heart jeans accepted, the last slot will (hopefully) be filled by something a little different, lets hope for a surprise.

Thanks for letting me participate in the contest. Really excited to see the variety of jeans in the competition, although IH seems to be a heavy favorite. Is there going to be an entry with the new "SBG" denim? I think that would be more interesting than multiple (3?) entries of the flagship IH denim, albeit they're different fits.

I'll post updates on my jeans in both the contest and Burgus thread. Here's a cross-post from when I started wearing them a couple of weeks ago:

Here are some details about these amazing jeans.

- 17.4 oz denim with purple selvage ID

- Burgus red tab

- Heavy olive canvas pocket bags

- 4 different threads used on the stitching throughout the top block

- Deerskin leather patch

- Pointy rivets

I like the subtle contrast of the different thread colours and thicknesses. There's probably a reason for each of the different threads; the thicker threads are used around the front and back pockets, for more reinforcement I would imagine. Red tab FTW. Purple selvage ID is pretty uncommon, and I like that it picks up on some of the purple tones in the denim. The rivets on these are really pointy with sharp edges. I tried filing down the edge on one, but I think I'll just hammer them down eventually. The patch is buttery soft, a nice contrast to the rigid buffalo patch on my SExSC06.

While the details are nice, the denim really is the main event here. The denim is pretty hairy and streaky. Again, the colour on these is pretty intense. Here's Hinoya's translated description of the denim:

I'm not familiar enough with the weaving of denim to know what this all means, but it looks awesome. I've got FH and Eternal denim which are both amazing, but these are something else.

I can't wait to see how these are going to fade, but these look pretty promising:

copyofr0010304.jpg

copyofr0010303.jpg

r0010305t.jpg

r0010306.jpg

r0010309.jpg

r0010307.jpg

r0010310.jpg

r0010316.jpg

if people come up with extraordinary models/brands, maybe some extra slots can be created. (talking about strike gold/fearless etc)

I dont have a problem with that at all, it would be nice to see a few rarer models and brands.

here...

27oz after laundering on the flasher..

web.jpg?ver=12940759640001

I never knew this until beautiful_FrEaK told me.. the fatter the Samurai's on the patch, the heavier the denim.. from the looks of it, the Samurai's look like they will die of heart failure very soon

web.jpg?ver=12940756030001

i'll throw it out there.. who's the judge and how would the jeans be judged?

are we playing for a prize or for rep?

and lastly.. any cool name of for the contest?

We are our own judges, at the moment the contest is in its infancy and I really wasn't expecting it to take off the way it has, but it is very pleasing that there is so much interest and support so early on, I hope it stays that way.

As the contest progresses over the next few months we can decide a judging criteria, I was thinking of asking both Gordon and Kiya, and other denim luminaries if they would be interested in helping to judge.

Currently, we are playing for rep, but I have seen a couple of websites where they make belts like boxers wear for around $150, that would be cool if everyone would contribute....again, just an idea.

A cool name....errrrr, whats wrong with the Heavyweight Championship? Boxing and Wrestling have been using it for years.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING ENTRY

I am literally getting swamped with PM's from people interested in joining this contest, and my wife is giving me dirty looks for the amount of time I am spending responding to them, and not spending time with my family, so......

From here on in the contest will be open to all comers, as i originally intended, the following stipulations still apply.

1) Denim must weigh over 17oz.

2) Denim must not have been worn prior to 01/12/10.

3) Closing date for entry will be 01/02/11, you must have your chosen denim by then.

4) We expect an update every month from ALL participants, two months without an update will be considered MIA and you will be removed from the contest (without good reason for not updating obviously).

I will post the above on the front page so everyone knows whats happening.

Once again, thankyou everyone for your interest and support, it has been amazing so far.

so we can have more than 20 contestants and by that mean, I can enter the contest?

Check front page list, you are now number 19, welcome.

Why not seek someone with the 21/23/26 oz Jeans from Naked & Famous?

I would love to see them compared to the "big" brands

they won't last a year with the shit ass construction....

almost forgot to ask..

since you said no wearing prior to 1/12/11 (though you said 1/12/10, i assume it's a typo)

how do we prove that the denim is unworn? any special protocol?

almost forgot to ask..

since you said no wearing prior to 1/12/11 (though you said 1/12/10, i assume it's a typo)

how do we prove that the denim is unworn? any special protocol?

It was a typo :D

We trust that they weren't worn, this is a denim forum, not the CIA ;)