Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Oops, sorted.

I'm in full agreement on a monthly update, my jeans will be ordered in a few hours time now that Gordon has answered all my queries (top man). One of the aspects which greatly intrigues me personally is exactly what b_F was talking about earlier with the differing philosophies of Iron Heart and Samurai. Recently I have been so tempted to buy some IH's, but Samurai have just lured me back in, and even now I can't shake the feeling that I might still be wrong. In this respect, I can't wait to see the durability of Iron Heart versus the fading beauty of Samurai in a two year contest. The other brands make for a more interesting field of competition, and may teach some of us a lesson, either way this is going to be epic!!!

Thankyou everyone for your interest and support, let's see what the heavyweight division is really made of.

great idea beats!

as for now it looks like a contest between IH and Samurai ;)

but it would be interesting to see how these two brand's philosphies compare. ok both are known for using heavy denim but still their philosophy is different (IMO)

so we really need more jeans from other brands!

Yes I do contribute with my Double Volante 21oz. I also think that an update should be regular every month, maybe even more if a person feels like it. My first update will come later during the day, I´m at work now but will be back home within a couple of hours. I´ll snap some shots then.

Take care guys!

Gordon has told me that I could expect 2" of shrinkage easily in the waist of some 24oz Samurais, which means I could also wear the 24oz LHT. Should I go for the 21oz "cloth of excellence", or join ah_long on the 24oz trip? Hmmmmm....

I've got a pair of tapered Oni Shoai with only a couple of wears that I could probably do.

Also x634x in the mail but there's no way those are getting worn outside of winter (can waterproofed denim even fade?)

Samurai 24oz RHT are almost 1.5 years old already :)

Ok,

So here´s a few evopics that I just took getting home from work.

These are really hard to brake in and get some evo on, but they are extremely comfy for a pair of 21oz.

It´s already getting dark here and it´s only 4 pm. So I had to take the pics in the bathroom were the light is "ok" anyway

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

I've got a pair of tapered Oni Shoai with only a couple of wears that I could probably do.

Also x634x in the mail but there's no way those are getting worn outside of winter (can waterproofed denim even fade?)

Samurai 24oz RHT are almost 1.5 years old already :)

Stacks if you and your Oni want to get in the game you would be more than welcome.

Alex, those DV's look like they're going to take some work man, the denim looks bulletproof.

hickory pocket bags i think ...

Actually not, I did go with the usual pocketfabric that he uses for the frontpockets.

half lined backpockets, offset beltloop,...

can you please post more unique details on your custom pair?

any more info about the 21oz denim Kuniyoshi-san uses?

Yes ofcourse! What kind of åics are you interested in? I can snap a few right away if yall want...

whatever picture shows the beauty of your pair. the leining, buttons, pockets bags...dunno. whatever is different to our "normal" jeans :)

So I just snapped a few shots to show some details of these jeans.

Enjoy!

THICK leatherpatch, 5mm thick actually!

IMG_1261.jpg

Halflined backpockets...

IMG_1262.jpg

My fiancés name stitched on the waistband in the back...incredible quality stitch!

IMG_1266.jpg

A little selvedge showing on the coinpocket.

IMG_1272.jpg

Selvedge, selvedge, selvedge...as we all LOVE.

IMG_1273.jpg

A few more pics...

Backpockets...

IMG_1276.jpg

Whisers, oh my whiskers...

IMG_1278.jpg

A little red tab...and you can see how K-san made a little more contrast on these backpockets with the stitching...

IMG_1279.jpg

Beltloop...crosslined...

IMG_1280.jpg

Button...Double Volante that is!!!

IMG_1282.jpg

Hidden rivets...of course :)

IMG_1283.jpg

THICK THICK THREADS USED!!!

IMG_1284.jpg

Great freagin job on these...the stitches and quality is INSANE!

IMG_1288.jpg

Denim, Denim, Denim...hairy, rigid, soft, EVERYTHING I wanted!

IMG_1287.jpg

already have something on your mind? the Skulls won't work ;)

i know i know :P

pm'ed you on mn btw!

Alex, these jeans look great so far.

@ Finn: why not go for a 24 oz PBJ? You wanted a slimmer cut, no?

really dunno about pbj...but if you come up with sth. else i see what i can do! :)