What style dress shoes do you like? What about business casual wardrobe suggestions?

obsessis

I might be getting a job where I need to dress up, a lot different than my current blue jeans and wallabees. What styles of dress shoes do you guys prefer? I know people give certain shoes flack...Kenneth Cole's I believe. Is that because of the style or the quality?

What clothing should I get to make a good, basic wardrobe to wear to work?

man... i just got a couple pairs of allen edmonds and love them. id look into those for dress shoes. as far as clothing, i dont know. ive never had a job that i cant wear jeans to, and i hope i never will.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

i got mine at thrift stores for 5$ each. both were re-soled, and the leather gets better with age. i dont kow how many people are willing to wear used shoes tho.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

DSW has pointy toed dress shoes with long-ass italian names that work out for me...

check the clearance section in the back.

benetton suits are cheap, but the fit is nice and slim. i don't feel bad getting a couple a year and beating them up until they become my bum-around wear.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

I've always been happy with Ferragamo shoes. Get some nice and simple black Ferragamo or Church shoes. John Lobbs, if you can swing them. For winter, I'd go with JM Weston boots. Treat them nice and they'll last for many many years.

Don't skimp on shoes.

• 1 year later...

at under $100 retail there is not much you can do, unfortunately there is no such thing as a quality $100 MSRP dress shoe. there just isnt. Allen Edmonds retail for $300 and they arent even exceptional.

If you are going the retail route just go to an outlet or a mall and pick the $100 shoe you like the most. They will most likely crease like hell and will last a few years if you are lucky. hopefully the sole doesn't fall off because they are glued together like a pair of dunks. but this is what you are paying for.

If you are going to go the ebay route I would just get some Florsheim Kenmoor vintage for $35 and be done with it. They will last 20 years and you will have saved a boatload of money. I have 4 pairs and counting...