Good designers for tall, skinny guys

dansta

Hey everyone, I'm 6'4" and 160 pounds. I'm a swimmer, so I'm quite broad shouldered but with a slim waist. I've always struggled to find clothes that fit me well. Although fashion trends have made things easier in recent years (thanks, Hedi Slimane) I'm still relying on a limited selection of designers for my clothes:

Dior Homme

Rick Owens

Prada (some of it)

and American Apparel for basic tees.

Can anyone point me towards designers who've been making clothes for tall, slim figures in recent seasons?

Thanks.

I probably should have been more specific in the thread title. The problem for me is that I'm tall and skinny, but my shoulders are quite broad, so stuff that fits me well in the shoulders often billows around the waist. So what I'm looking for is designers who cut long and slim, with a good amount of taper in the waist.

I'll be in Manhattan next month and I'll check out Thom Browne. Thanks.

Yeah, Thom Browne does look very "GQ"...

I do get some stuff tailored, but I generally wear street-type clothes, which don't really lend themselves to tailoring.

I've had some success with Swedish brands like ACNE and J Lindeberg, although ACNE can be very hit-and-miss, both in terms of cut and style.

Hadn't heard of the Raf shirts, thanks for the (non-sarcastic?) tip.

if clothes being too wide at the lower body is a constant problem, I would look into tailoring some pieces instead of desperately looking for the right cut as you might not find it. tapering shirts, jackets etc is for the most part fairly simple and doesn't necessarily cost a lot.

i have always had the same problem, mostly with button up shirts and coats/jackets in particular - i'm 6'1 and slim with a narrow torso but i have insanely broad shoulders so most things in M button up fine until i get to the top 2 buttons or so and i'm screwed. i usually end up getting a L, but then the sleeves are too long or the rest of the body is too wide. i am probably going to start doing what lowrey suggested, but with cheaper stuff it isn't even worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

Have struggled with this problem myself - people look at me like I'm an asshole for complaining about what many consider to be an ideal build :( having the really pronounced v-shaped torso really fucks things up.

One brand I've found to be very close is RL's Black Label.

^ Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try out Black Label. I've traditionally steered clear of Ralph Lauren (I'm not a big fan of what the brand represents), but if the clothes fit...

I'm in Manhattan next week and am going to try on a bunch of things then. One brand I've heard good things about but isn't mentioned in this thread is J Lindeberg. Anyway, I'll report back on my purchases and discoveries.