Nicolas Cage: To Love or Hate?

josh mullen

i totally forgot about Leaving Las Vegas

a powerhouse performance

marlon brando caliber performance

leaving las vegas is a brilliant film, and he's amazing in it.

Con Air is a heartbreaking work of staggering genius, with an ensemble cast the likes of which will never be seen again. Dave Chapelle AND John Malkovich? who is the comedian? who is the audience? the mind reels.

plus he lived in THIS house.

nicolas-cage-best-movies-ever-house.jpg

I honestly can't see how there is a debate about how amazing a human being/actor he really is.

The Rock

Lord of War

Gone in 60 Seconds

National Treasure

Face/Off

he finds himself in movies where you don't have to think and just watch the purrrty explosions and action

You think that's a ridiculous synopsis? Has anyone else seen Time to Kill? The description alone is worth the price. They took the film off his IMDB account I think because it's not there anymore. For good reason though. Luckily I was able to find a copy about a year ago:

Enrico Silvestri (Nicolas Cage) is a young soldier in Ethiopia, a part of the Italian occupation forces who invaded North Africa in 1935. The nation is conquered, but the countryside remains a perilous place. Nevertheless, Enrico develops a toothache that sends him journeying alone in search of a dentist. Rumors of a short cut to a well-equipped military camp make Enrico leave the road, and he gets lost. At an oasis the soldier encounters an enticing native girl, Mariam (Patrice Flora Praxo), bathing alone. Rape follows, but pangs of conscience compel Enrico to spend the night with her. At the sound of a wild animal in the dark, Enrico fires a few shots; one ricochets off a rock and gravely wounds the girl. The soldier "mercifully" finishes her with a bullet in the head and carefully buries the corpse. Having erased the traces of his crime, Enrico resumes his trip to the dentist.

51VJKDGMR5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg