Nicolas Cage: To Love or Hate?

josh mullen

the good: lord of war, raising arizona, wild at heart, leaving las vegas, matchstick men, bad lieutenant, kick ass, adaptation, weather man, bringing out the dead

the bad: well, basically everything else.

all of the best moments in the above video are from 1993's "deadfall," a film written by cage's brother. if you haven't seen it, and i assume you haven't, do. it's epically bad, but as funny a thing as you'll ever see.

Everything about Nic Cage is amazing. This is my theory on Nic Cage: I think he is legitimately a good actor. But the thing is, he has a disorder where he can never say no. So when someone comes up to him with a good script, good supporting actors, and a good director, and asks him to star in a film, he says yes. And the movie is great. But at the same time, when someone comes up to him with pure shit, in his mind he realizes how shitty this is going to be but can't help but say yes. He then does the next best thing. He acts SO terribly that the terrible movie then becomes great due to his over-the-top hilarious acting. As a connoisseur of all things Cage, I have seen all of his movies and you guys are missing his absolutely best movie of all time: Valley Girl. If you haven't seen it, please do. Your life will be better.

Also, this is a great blog. It's photoshops of Nic Cage as everyone: http://niccageaseveryone.blogspot.com/

the good: lord of war, raising arizona, wild at heart, leaving las vegas, matchstick men, bad lieutenant, kick ass, adaptation, weather man, bringing out the dead

the bad: well, basically everything else.

all of the best moments in the above video are from 1993's "deadfall," a film written by cage's brother. if you haven't seen it, and i assume you haven't, do. it's epically bad, but as funny a thing as you'll ever see.

Bad Lieutenant was great, going to watch the rest of this list, and all others posted, on the fence about valley girl.

Everything about Nic Cage is amazing. This is my theory on Nic Cage: I think he is legitimately a good actor. But the thing is, he has a disorder where he can never say no. So when someone comes up to him with a good script, good supporting actors, and a good director, and asks him to star in a film, he says yes. And the movie is great. But at the same time, when someone comes up to him with pure shit, in his mind he realizes how shitty this is going to be but can't help but say yes. He then does the next best thing. He acts SO terribly that the terrible movie then becomes great due to his over-the-top hilarious acting. As a connoisseur of all things Cage, I have seen all of his movies and you guys are missing his absolutely best movie of all time: Valley Girl. If you haven't seen it, please do. Your life will be better.

Also, this is a great blog. It's photoshops of Nic Cage as everyone: http://niccageaseveryone.blogspot.com/

Please tell me you've seen this

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1942044

Lendo's argument is the very one i use when i hear someone criticizing cage. having done 'raising arizona', 'wild at heart', and 'adaptation' he's earned some serious fucking leeway. every few years he does something that makes you say, "fucking christ, why'd you choose that shit shingle 'bangkok dangerous' when you could have been doing something like this?"