The Woodlands - Portland, Oregon

M.O.A

Out of curiosity, any of you guys notice how the Columbiaknits fade? Maybe it's just my geographical location that exposes them to a lot of sun but after three months, there's definitely a fade of a few shades.

Oh well, they're cheap enough to get more and it'll be warm enough that I won't have to worry about it for a while.

Packing for PDX, 10 day trip in May. Generally speaking, I'll be mostly city-trekking with friends... will I need to scoop a pair of all-weather kicks/boots (in case of deluge) or, will that money be better spent on Norse Projects Keds and other assorted things at The Woodlands? Just wondering if I can mostly wing it with spring sneaks and the like...

Packing for PDX, 10 day trip in May. Generally speaking, I'll be mostly city-trekking with friends... will I need to scoop a pair of all-weather kicks/boots (in case of deluge) or, will that money be better spent on Norse Projects Keds and other assorted things at The Woodlands? Just wondering if I can mostly wing it with spring sneaks and the like...

it's hard to say if it will be a rainy 10 days but regardless you'll probably be fine in some leather sneakers, just stay away from mesh--running shoes. hope to see you in the shop!

New arrivals to The Woodlands

Meg Co delivery of Yuketen and Chamula

yuketen_ss12_20120409_1950_grande.jpg?103087

The Dress Chukka in SG C Brown, a brand new style from Yuketen for Spring/Summer 2012. - $430.00 Available in sizes 8 D - 12 D -

Free Shipping in the USA

chamula_ss12_20120409_1792_grande.jpg?103079

The Bendable Sterling Silver bracelets are the new shop favorite out of the latest delivery. $55.00 Available in White and Black

chamula_ss12_20120409_1778_medium.jpg?103081chamula_ss12_20120409_1783_medium.jpg?103083chamula_ss12_20120409_1789_medium.jpg?103091

$22.00 adjustable Horse Hair Bracelets in six colors

• 2 weeks later...

Got my international delivery of two feet ahead socks today. Great socks indeed.

The woodlands know how to treat overseas customers.

Glad to hear they made it safe and sound. I don't know if you noticed, but we've lowered our shipping costs all around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tellason_ss12_internet_01_grande.jpg?103402

Constructed from the same Cone MIlls textiles as their denim, the Coverall jacket fit has been upgraded with additional pockets of all shapes and sizes, ready to take on the wear and tear of daily life. Available in both

12.5oz Cone Mills denim and 11oz Cone Mills indigo canvas for $220.00 - Free shipping the United States!

A rugged classic, and the ideal workaday option for any upstanding gent.

tellason_ss12_internet_02_grande.jpg?103398

tellason_ss12_internet_03_grande.jpg?103400

• 2 months later...

IMG_7155x600_grande.jpeg?103537

Tools are something we take seriously. Some we carry daily, while others are rotated into service for weekend camp trips in the Cascades or quick beat-the-heat excursions to the coast. Bottom line: tools are essential, and one of those things you really miss right about the time you realize you need one.

The Northwest is chock-full of quality knife and tool companies, and we’ve recently added some of our favorites to the floor at The Woodlands. Leatherman introduced their first multi-tool in 1983, and has been the industry standard ever since. The Skelatool CX is functional in every sense of the word. Built wtih an assortment of pliers, cutters, a bit driver, a knife, and a reliable, 25-year warrenty, the Leatherman multi-tools are the very best around.

Also hailing from right outside of Portland, Ore., Gerber Legendary Blades offers a nice selection of well-designed knives that don’t cost a fortune. Side note: co-founders Mark and Sam actually helped design a few of the ones we carry, and have the sketches to prove it. They recommend the Remix or Ripstop II.

Rounding out our selection are Snow Peak and Sigg, two companies that manufacture some of our favorite camping essentials. These titanium and aluminum vessels occupy a special place in our lives [directly under the bench seat of our van]. Whether packing it in a few miles or doing a little car camping, the titanium tableware has you covered.

^Lots of good stuff.

(would have included Benchmade, myself)

In due time. They wouldn't let us just open an account with their platinum series product so it's taken a bit longer than we expected. Obviously didn't get worked out until after we put that together.