Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

reallypeacedoff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i read in the early posts in this thread that tts is the way to go and sizing down will bust your nuts, so im sure it was just miscalculated by him... the sz 30 ih/imp are practically the same (aside from the rise), only difference is the imp are unsanforized so shrinking would need to be accounted for, thats why i was asking for post soak measurements. maybe the 31 is the way to go for me then.

shit. I meant 32, that could have been catastrophic! It depends on how you sized with the 301s though. i have a ~35" waist, 301s stretch ~2 (so 33") and I would want them on the tighter side (less hip flare) so I would buy a tagged 32 (32.5"). thing is with the 14, the waist and thighs will stretch back out to pre-soak in a heartbeat. i recommend buying tts at pre-soak (as long as your calves can handle it). i have a 35" waist, bought the 34 (measured 35" pre-soak), it shrunk to 33.75" with a hot soak and now sits at 35" again. with a hot soak, you are looking at shrinking 0.3" in all other measurements (rise, thigh, knee, lo).

*edited original post so as not to cause any confusion.

Edited by reallypeacedoff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13807PM.png

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13755PM.png

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13550PM.png

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13828PM.png

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13817PM.png

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13854PM.pngScreenShot2012-01-22at13906PM.png

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13839PM.png

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13917PM.png

ScreenShot2012-01-22at13926PM.png

New member of SUFU =)

First pair of denims, must admit great pair of jeans! So I've been wearing these for month and a half now, and I'm running into some trouble. I was fat, well not fat but chubbier than I am now month and a half ago. And when I purchased these imperials at Selfedge I had to get a sz. 32 waist. Now that I lost 15 pounds, the waist is bigger than they should be, and it looks kind of weird when I wear it. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? =/

I hemmed off 4 inches, and got it tapered at a local tailoring store, turned out pretty good.

They were never soaked or washed, let me know how I'm doing!

since they were never soaked or washed, you could give them a hot soak right now to shrink them a bit (which you probably should have done at the beginning since they are unsanforized)

beware though, they should shrink lengthwise too, although it looks like you've got enough stacking so that they will be long enough even after shrinkage

Edited by dawei94

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...