Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

reallypeacedoff

Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

Imperial, our sole brand from Australia, comes back with another jean made for lovers of slim cuts. This is a further interpretation of the slim centimeter cut, this time tweaking the silhouette a bit to match up to the 18cm fit. This fit isn't necessarily slimmer than the last collaboration we did with Imperial, it's just a little different in it's shaping.

We've had Imperial produce this collaboration jean in Japan, whereas their regular jeans are made of Japanese fabrics but cut and sewn in Australia. The denim is a 15oz unsanforized selvedge fabric that's a super loose weave available in both indigo and black, both are sure to age very well considering the texture of the denim and the loomstate nature of the fabric. The denim was woven in Okayama and the jean was cut and sewn within minutes of the denim mill.

The denim has a very unique feel to it, it's abrasive at first but definitely not very rigid due to the lack of starch. The belt loops are rolled for sturdiness, the pack pockets are riveted, and the inside pocket bags are screened.

Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33

SEXI14 Indigo & Black

sexi_indigo_01.jpg

sexi_black_01.jpg

sexi_indigo_04.jpg

sexi_indigo_05.jpg

sexi_indigo_06.jpg

sexi_indigo_07.jpg

sexi_black_04.jpg

sexi_black_05.jpg

sexi_black_06.jpg

sexi_black_07.jpg

is it just me or the denim on the black looks different from the indigo one? the black looks less slubby and less loom chatter..

That's why I'm going for the indigos. Can't decide what size to get though. If I get the same size as my SExI08 (33 which was SDO), it will be slimmer overall with more taper. If I go up one size (so TTS) it will fit exactly the same in the top block but with a more tapered fit from knee (slightly from thigh too) down.

SExI08 for reference. What do you think I should do? I'm leaning towards the 34s...

_N3P0918.jpg

is it just me or the denim on the black looks different from the indigo one? the black looks less slubby and less loom chatter..

it doesnt feel as slubby/chattery as the indigo in person either..it is definitely lighter in color and slubby in comparison to the normal black imperial denim (on the DUKE for instance) it seems a bit hairier too.

the indigo is quite rough and slubby to the touch similar maybe to what you might find on the strike gold denim.

both colors look like they will make for some amazing fades..this is by far my favorite thing to ever come from imperial..cant wait to see these things down the road

it doesnt feel as slubby/chattery as the indigo in person either..it is definitely lighter in color and slubby in comparison to the normal black imperial denim (on the DUKE for instance) it seems a bit hairier too.

the indigo is quite rough and slubby to the touch similar maybe to what you might find on the strike gold denim.

both colors look like they will make for some amazing fades..this is by far my favorite thing to ever come from imperial..cant wait to see these things down the road

Did you buy a pair?

Your portrayal of the indigo makes me excited for that package (which has already been shipped) to arrive. Hopefully Friday. Fingers crossed.

Did you buy a pair?

Your portrayal of the indigo makes me excited for that package (which has already been shipped) to arrive. Hopefully Friday. Fingers crossed.

didnt buy a pair, a bit to slim for me plus im trying to put in some work on the IH 634sr that i just got. but i work at SELA so i have been handling them all day and watching people try them on..

fit looks almost the same as my sexi08s good stuff tho

Well that's because they are almost the same. :) From my calculations, sizing up one from your SExI08 will have the same top block size (rise and thigh) but will be ~0.4 smaller in knee and leg opening. That's the case for the 33 (08) and the 34 (14) though, not sure of other sizes.

I sized down one on my SExI08 but used a baking pan to inhibit the shrinkage. This time, the waist will be fine so a hot soak and the dryer will be in order.

I'd advise against down one too. While loose weaves can stretch a ton, I feel they also shrink a ton. The more worn in they get, the more they'll see some shrink that won't be remedied by stretch.

If you were to give those a hot wash, Minimum, I'd say they'd shrink up quite a bit more. If you're happy with that fit, I'd say you go cold from now on.