Hartford denim company

klue

Thank you for all of your support. There will be a day when macro shots of our jeans depict perfect stitching but sadly the precision most commonly present at that time will be the result of using folders and guides. Currently all of our seams are aligned be eye and feel. The industry uses different folders and guides for every part of the jean and this results in a perfectly standardized product that looks great in a macro shot. It is also the only way to make a lot of jeans. It does not take less skill to sew with folders and guides but it does remove variance which is an aspect to this dynamic world that makes it very comfortable to live in.

Here an example of a waistband folder. It takes a 5 inch wide piece of denim and folds it into a waistband. This would be mounted directly in front of the needle and the jeans would be passed through simultaneously. For every type of application you need a specific folder. We have found a few along our way but all are requiring modification because our fabric is thicker than it was designed for. There are guys that make them custom and those start at around $300. We are also experimenting with soldering our own. They are a cool thing if they are set up to how you want to make pants and we will be introducing them into our system but there will still be a lot of handwork for a longtime. I don't think we're going to buy the pocket robot.

6d1267f0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my boy is looking for a pair of slick looking black selvage jeans with a red interior to the jean. Custome built, cause he keeps blowing out the crotchin his APC's and nordstroms I think his thighs are kinda big.

• 1 month later...
Stitching looks Good! Nice Fabric too, is it Overdyed?

thanks for your kind words. we have added a double needle lockstich for the tops of the front and back pockets. the yokes and center back are still hand felled and sewn with a single needle lockstitch. the fabric is not over dyed its just that there is a much higher density of warp threads than usual.

Just random pair in a stack of 96. Available from Hartford denim factory store and Peter Elliot boots on Madison ave

Where in PA, and how much, look very nice. (:

Not exactly sure the bookmaker I am working with is out of CT, he has a factory in PA. The price is $350.

• 2 months later...

I'm too lazy to quote all the commentary, but after having worn and broken in many pairs of japanese and other brands of raw denim (momotaro, skulls, the flat head, Eternal, real japan blues, etc...), these Hartfords have me excited. My mother got a me a pair for Xmas and I'm really looking forward to breaking in another pair of handmade American jeans in American loomed denim. The construction on these jeans looks as good as any pair I've seen, and is comparable to the only japanese jeans brand I'll buy anymore--Skull Jeans by an Alchemist. I look forward to participating in this blog and seeing what these cats have to offer. Before you critique, you should really have an evaluative measure from which to work from. What aspects of the construction seem amateurish? I don't see it, really. You can compare the stitching to Eternal, and you'd be hard pressed to find anything Hartford isn't doing right. What jeans look any better constructed than these? I'm sorry guys, it sounds like harshness for its own sake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to give the superfuture the opportunity to get in a special pair of jeans at a special price.

the jean would be designed through a collaboration between sufu and hartord denim.

the price would be wholesale cost, paid prior to construction.

late spring to summer delivery.

who's interested?

hey, mike, we left pratt st. in september, but please come see us at 30 Arbor St. suite 404

I would like to give the superfuture the opportunity to get in a special pair of jeans at a special price.

the jean would be designed through a collaboration between sufu and hartord denim.

who's interested?

Yeah I am...

Tell us a little more Please.

Thanks.

who's interested?

Will check out jeans at Peter Elliot Boots this weekend to see.

yo, cheers to sewing jeans yourself!

my advice is - yeah, practice straight-stitching. look at the edge of your foot, not the needle. take it easy on the styling, it looks well-thought out and interesting, but try for something more traditional if you're looking for wider appeal. keep it simple.

So I see the Collab thread has been Locked by the Power that Be. Why - I don't understand at all!?'

Anyway. Let's continue the Sufu (users) x Hartford Denim design conversation over here...

Under $200 sounds an excellent price.

Is that with any of your denims? And, What are your standard Hardware options?

Thanks

so it seems that it would be better to call this the hardenco x internet denim nerds colab... open to other ideas as well.....i already have a couple people that have confirmed that they would be down for a pair with specific cut/fabric/ details, anyone intrigued by this opportunity, please pm me with your desired details.......cone duck and sanforized cone jeans would be at $144 with standard buttons, standard construction, , the japanese slucb would be $165 with standard buttons, standard construction. plus shipping . and if we want to add custom brass,silver, or gold hardware or a special artwork branded patch that may be extra, but you pay the cost on add-on like that.