The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

The waist on mines has stretched a fair amount, I'm going to warm soak them for 2 hours and see where it makes me end up. Death by denim? Dun dun dun...

Yeah? The waist on mine shrunk, unlike yours. I'm loving the post soak right now. Tiny bit damp but my powerbook is drying my lap.... no homo.

Im soaking my Samurai 710s right now. Gonna pull em out at 3.

I got the Flat Head 3001, the ones you 'mos got.

KINDA wanna get a size smaller... Weird eh, but iono. I'll see wat happens later on. I dont need anymore fuckin jeans.

You don't need to size down. You don't. Please, for my sake, don't size down. :eek:

Post-soak

I didn't do comprehensive measurements, just the basics. I was only looking forward to shortening the inseam.

After a 2 hour lukewarm soak, it was sun-dried in 59 degree shade/sun with a bit of wind--turned over on each side every twenty minutes or so until it stopped dripping. Light blow dry with a bit of heat and cold air switched back and forth until comfortable to wear.

Inseam: 35" (87.5cm) - 2" (5cm) difference

Waist: 28.5" (71cm) - 1.5" (3.75cm) difference

Hem: 7.2" (18cm) - 0.3" (0.75cm) difference

Overall, the stack is falling less boxy, and it's slimmer throughout, especially on the top. The legs slimmed down.

Pre-soak

29 x 36 (actual waist x inseam is 30 x 37)

flathead_presoak_1.jpg

flathead_presoak_2.jpg

Soak

flathead_soak_1.jpg

Jeans are darker due to water retention.

fh_postsoak_1.jpg

fh_postsoak_2.jpg

fh_postsoak_3.jpg

i'm loving my 3001's.. they were the first jeans i've seen in months that made me take off my Iron Heart 634S...

post-soak fit looks dope.

Does anyone have any experience with any other styles outside the 3001? I like the look of both the 3007 and BJ-1, but wondered what the difference was...

i'm curious about this, too. isn't the 3001 the zip fly model? nobody tried the 3008s?

i'm curious about this, too. isn't the 3001 the zip fly model? nobody tried the 3008s?

the 3008 is new, and considering almost no one had or even liked flat head til like this saturday, I think it's safe to say that no one has them.

I've been thinking of getting the 3008s for a while now, but I reaaaally shouldn't right now.

Anyway, right now it looks like the 3008 or Denime Tokyo will be my next jeans to break in, both are 66 models which is my favourite.

Feel free to buy a pair in size 29 so I can see how they look on you(me) ^^

the 3008 is new, and considering almost no one had or even liked flat head til like this saturday, I think it's safe to say that no one has them.

I've been thinking of getting the 3008s for a while now, but I reaaaally shouldn't right now.

Anyway, right now it looks like the 3008 or Denime Tokyo will be my next jeans to break in, both are 66 models which is my favourite.

That is kinda funny how it blew up. I remember talking to you a while ago about my 3001's. I've started wearing them a lot more recently. They really are nice jeans .

Yeah. Jantastic said something about a baggier cut that had the button fly... perhaps that's the 3008? I don't know if SE has it in stock, but I want to assume since Jantastic mentioned it at the party...hmm.

By the way, the post soak day 2 on this is amazing. Slept in 'em, and now they're not as rigid as before... starting to feel super comfortable with the fit. :)

you dirty dirty man. but i can't complain because i'm relying on your info, too.

Yeah. Jantastic said something about a baggier cut that had the button fly... perhaps that's the 3008? I don't know if SE has it in stock, but I want to assume since Jantastic mentioned it at the party...hmm.

here's the 3008s on the bears' site:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/theflathead-3008/

they're supposed to be slim but not as skinny as the 3001s. was just curious if there were people who had tried them on yet. the 3001s are looking great for you guys, though.

Any Thoughts or advice considering which jeans to choose between those two? I´m looking for a slimmer jean and find these two looking real nice. I particularly like the backpocket stitching of the s710 and I reaaly like the fit of the 3001 from what I seen on pictures from here.

Any Thoughts or advice considering which jeans to choose between those two? I´m looking for a slimmer jean and find these two looking real nice. I particularly like the backpocket stitching of the s710 and I reaaly like the fit of the 3001 from what I seen on pictures from here.

The 3001 has more structured denim and will probably have a great verticle fade. Although I haven't washed them yet the thigh area is starting to look pretty good and I have high hopes for these.That said the 710 has IMO, a better fit and better construction, No hidden rivets though. Higher rise on the 710 and a slight taper.

Get both... :)

Theyre both really nice.

I too like the back pocket stitching on the 710s. The 3001 run slimmer than the 710s.

The sides of the stacking on my 3001's (left leg) are fading like crazy at the creases--it's only been two weeks tops. Too much friction from the stack I would assume. I hope it doesn't turn out uneven and ugly.

• 1 month later...

um i forgot to measure them before, but the inseam shrunk to about 34" and the waist stayed around the same. i did it in cold for about 5 hours or so and let them dry over night in my basement, did a little bit of blow drying on the pockets and such before i wore them aroudn the house for a few hours

Youngluc you stealing my sexy FH post-soak poses!!!! Hahaha. It's looking real good. I only cold soaked mine for 2 hours 'cause I knew Jerm's shrink to a 34" as well. Mine only went to about 35.25"

I'm telling you, post-soak got the jeans hugging your curves in all the right places. Watch out though, they will bleed for months on end.