The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

see i would, but i'm unsure of the waist, and i am in now way trying to get you all angry by making the comparrissions, but i'm just curious. the problem with the waist of the FH's are that they only go up to 34, but the waist sitting measured is 35 - i'm a natural 35 or so, but i'm not gonna throw $300 (w/ s/h) into a pair of jeans that won't fit. even going to BiG is a hike for me because i'm 1.5 hours outside NY, the only time i go is when i'm staying over with a friend and have time to kill. its not as easy to get to the places with the nice jeans - thats why i'm asking all these questions because i want clarity before i even consider buying. consumer prowess and what not.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't just give up on a pair of jeans if there's a slight fit problem. If it's too big, I'll get them adjusted. If it's too small in the waist, I'll give it the old bakertowne waist stretch. But apart from one or two really big sizing mistakes, all of the jeans in my collection (90% mail ordered from overseas), fit well (though, some better than others, I have to admit). I don't really believe in the perfect fit anyway. A jean fits a certain way, I think it gives it character.

That being said, nothing beats going into a store and trying them on. It's $300 for a pair of jeans that will hopefully last you half a decade of good wear. I think it's worth a 3 hour round trip (about the distance I'd have to go from Sydney to Newcastle. If Newcastle had any good jeans shops, that is. Too bad Sydney's just as bad. There's an absolute drought for good denim here. ).

I'm the kind of person who doesn't just give up on a pair of jeans if there's a slight fit problem. If it's too big, I'll get them adjusted. If it's too small in the waist, I'll give it the old bakertowne waist stretch. But apart from one or two really big sizing mistakes, all of the jeans in my collection (90% mail ordered from overseas), fit well (though, some better than others, I have to admit). I don't really believe in the perfect fit anyway. A jean fits a certain way, I think it gives it character.

That being said, nothing beats going into a store and trying them on. It's $300 for a pair of jeans that will hopefully last you half a decade of good wear. I think it's worth a 3 hour round trip (about the distance I'd have to go from Sydney to Newcastle. If Newcastle had any good jeans shops, that is. Too bad Sydney's just as bad. There's an absolute drought for good denim here. ).

i too believe in trying clothes on before you buy them (and i believe in good tailoring as well), but there are no places on the east coast that stock FH, that i'm aware of at least BiG only has certain brands and other stores don't even have that much selection. SE is in san francisco unfortunately, so if i actually wanted to try them on its $150 ticket there, $300 for the jeans, $150 for a room for a night $100 for food and other expenses, $150 back. i'd be more inclined to order them obviously.

How abt S0710XX? Are they similare to 3001?

i own both, and love them in different respects, but like kiya said, the two are very much different

and like findmybetterhalf said, yes, the 710s are a bit roomier, both my 710 and 3001 are w30 and theres definately a difference

i too believe in trying clothes on before you buy them (and i believe in good tailoring as well), but there are no places on the east coast that stock FH, that i'm aware of at least BiG only has certain brands and other stores don't even have that much selection. SE is in san francisco unfortunately, so if i actually wanted to try them on its $150 ticket there, $300 for the jeans, $150 for a room for a night $100 for food and other expenses, $150 back. i'd be more inclined to order them obviously.

I meant for jeans other than FH (didn't know BiG didn't stock FH). I guess if you really want these jeans, and you've checked the measurements against those of your other jeans that fit you well, then it's up to you to just take a deep breath and take that leap of faith. I'm sure there are similar jeans to the 3001, but they aren't the 3001, and in the end, if pics of the jean tug away at you as they do, then go for it. Best of luck.

I meant for jeans other than FH (didn't know BiG didn't stock FH). I guess if you really want these jeans, and you've checked the measurements against those of your other jeans that fit you well, then it's up to you to just take a deep breath and take that leap of faith. I'm sure there are similar jeans to the 3001, but they aren't the 3001, and in the end, if pics of the jean tug away at you as they do, then go for it. Best of luck.

well hopefully i can make enough money to buy them - in the meantime, do you know of any store on the east coast that stocks FH's or other japanese denims, beside BiG?

Unfortunately Self-Edge is the only U.S. retailer of Flat Head clothing and denim. Fortunately, it'd be way less costly for you to buy it with free shipping, and pay for postage to exchange for a proper size if it doesn't suit your liking. In fact, that premium of postage is a fraction of actually going to San Francisco yourself. Just my two cents.

Unfortunately Self-Edge is the only U.S. retailer of Flat Head clothing and denim. Fortunately, it'd be way less costly for you to buy it with free shipping, and pay for postage to exchange for a proper size if it doesn't suit your liking. In fact, that premium of postage is a fraction of actually going to San Francisco yourself. Just my two cents.

true, but its still an issue with the waist. did your 3001's stretch considerably in the waist? cause if they stretch a good ammount, i can probably deal.

true, but its still an issue with the waist. did your 3001's stretch considerably in the waist? cause if they stretch a good ammount, i can probably deal.

mine feel like the waist has stretched about an inch in the one week ive worn them.

but ive been tugging on them a little too, with a looser notch on the belt

I got a 29, which isn't the smallest I can fit into, but to be honest, it's stretched out an inch or so, but in a way that's perfect for me. I absolutely love this pair because it falls perfectly between having them slung or pulled up without fuss. It could just be my body type but I think that after a soak and natural stretch, true to size will be fine.

To have them slung for some sag action I usually pull it down a bit, so it's not a natural sloppy bagginess, to reiterate mr. dino miiiiiight!

I sized up one. I couldn't fit a 29 when I first tried it on but I bet if I wore it enough to stretch it out it would have been perfect. I sized up to a 30 and it stretched quite a bit about an inch or so like Sidney said. I love the fit of these 30s though, slim legs and relaxed waist. I have the anti-fit which I love. I don't regret not buying the 29s. Me and sidney basically did the same thing, sized up one from our true waist and we have the same fit.

Me and sidney basically did the same thing, sized up one from our true waist and we have the same fit.

By same fit you mean the sexiest fits ever.

So, I got caught in a massive thunderstorm via Nor Easter flooding, and the 10 minute cold soak got some nice highlighting on my creases... consider it a half soak.

I sized up one. I couldn't fit a 29 when I first tried it on but I bet if I wore it enough to stretch it out it would have been perfect. I sized up to a 30 and it stretched quite a bit about an inch or so like Sidney said. I love the fit of these 30s though, slim legs and relaxed waist. I have the anti-fit which I love. I don't regret not buying the 29s. Me and sidney basically did the same thing, sized up one from our true waist and we have the same fit.

see the problem is, i'm naturally a 35, so i'm not sure if the 34 will shrink, or if i'm gonna have to work it to oblivion and back before i have any leeway and movement in them around the waist. i'm not fat, but i do appreciate a little room here and there, because when i wash them, i expect shrinkage.

see the problem is, i'm naturally a 35, so i'm not sure if the 34 will shrink, or if i'm gonna have to work it to oblivion and back before i have any leeway and movement in them around the waist. i'm not fat, but i do appreciate a little room here and there, because when i wash them, i expect shrinkage.

Pain is your friend.

^ theyll definately stretch, just depends how much room you prefer, personaly, if im wearing slim deanim i like to be able to tug the thigh just about a half inch or so away from my leg, still slim slim, but obviously theres space inbetween the two also, when i first put my flatheads on after the soak they were skin tight and accentuated my ass, looked like serious girls jeans, now after about a week, the waist is on my hip bones, the crotch/ass is more anti-fit, and the thighs have almost stretched to my ideal fit. another week and theyll be golden, im cold soaking whenever they get the second soak so its not so much of a wait until im in love with the fit, which i just about am right now, check my latest waywt if youd like, might be able to get a better idea

^ theyll definately stretch, just depends how much room you prefer, personaly, if im wearing slim deanim i like to be able to tug the thigh just about a half inch or so away from my leg, still slim slim, but obviously theres space inbetween the two also, when i first put my flatheads on after the soak they were skin tight and accentuated my ass, looked like serious girls jeans, now after about a week, the waist is on my hip bones, the crotch/ass is more anti-fit, and the thighs have almost stretched to my ideal fit. another week and theyll be golden, im cold soaking whenever they get the second soak so its not so much of a wait until im in love with the fit, which i just about am right now, check my latest waywt if youd like, might be able to get a better idea

check your latest what?

Yeah. To reiterate what dinomight! is saying. I can, if I wanted to, pull my pants right off without unzipping them. That being said, it's stretched out nicely, enough to be anti-fit.

Post soak will be tight and form fitting on your fun parts but it won't be that way for long.

question: where in osaka or kyoko would be the best place to get flat head 3001's? i know someone who is over there right now and is willing to grab a pair for me depending on the cost/if he is able to.

bump - if anyone can answer this question, that would be kewlllll.

Jaspar, you should exchange those for a bigger size, they're not supposed to fit like that.