Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture x Styleforum = SEXDBXSXS12

kiya

Getting my black tab stitched on tomorrow, will post pics after. I can't wait to wear these damn things, but I'm waiting for a hem and new wallet. I'm in for the contest Jan 1st tho!

I don't remember if it was addressed earlier or not, but will this become the contest thread or will there be a new one?

Randomkoreandude: nice fit. You go out in gtown a lot? I've been known to frequent M street

Thanks a lot Kiya, dont know if this belongs in here, and mods feel free to move it, but I decided since ill be wearing these for a year, I would make a wallet that sort of went along with them. I don't like the way double thick pocket bags feel on slim jeans, so I cut off the bottoms, sewed them up, and made a wallet to use for the next year. The bear is like a "made in california" tag, so I use it on most of my stuff

img1077n.jpg

I don't like the way double thick pocket bags feel on slim jeans, so I cut off the bottoms, sewed them up, and made a wallet to use for the next year.

due to the slim fit you can see the exact outline of the pocket bags at the bottom where they are extra thick when I wear mine. I'm planning on doing my first ever sewing project and cutting the bottoms off the bags as well.

Uhhhhh... what just happened.... The Superfuture patch cracked...

img0841z.jpg

Also.. I got them hemmed to 35.5" and did a hot soak for 1 hr. They're now 33".

Guess I just googled and leather hardens up when in hot water?

And the fight to get the buttons in was pretty rough. I did the permament marker thing too, but it's just that you can barely move the denim around the button holes to make it easy.

Will get fit pic as soon as I find someone to take a picture.

Update: Careful with the buttons. When I took my pants off, one of the buttons came off.

^^ Poor quality patch...the denim looks awesome though!

Trust me, it's not the patch that was the issue.

Try taking your wallet and soaking it in extremely hot water and tell me how that turns out once it dries.

Try taking your wallet and soaking it in extremely hot water and tell me how that turns out once it dries.

My wallet will be largely unaffected, hahahaha!

All jokes aside though, I agree with Kiya, with slightly thinner patches made of relatively unfinished, stiff leather - it's almost guaranteed the leather will shrink and crack in hot water.

I'm not sure there is an exact temperature, as the type of leather, tannage, thickness, oil content and detergent involvement, etc all play a part.

I would suggest oiling the leather and sealing it with a wax compound before anyone chucks their jeans with new, unfinished leather patches into a hot wash.

Oh, btw, for snake skin patches I would recommend using predominantly wax compounds instead of oil.

My wallet will be largely unaffected, hahahaha!

All jokes aside though, I agree with Kiya, with slightly thinner patches made of relatively unfinished, stiff leather - it's almost guaranteed the leather will shrink and crack in hot water.

I'm not sure there is an exact temperature, as the type of leather, tannage, thickness, oil content and detergent involvement, etc all play a part.

I would suggest oiling the leather and sealing it with a wax compound before anyone chucks their jeans with new, unfinished leather patches into a hot wash.

Oh, btw, for snake skin patches I would recommend using predominantly wax compounds instead of oil.

Or perhaps snake oil purchased from a travelling medicine show!

Yeah, water was extremely hot since the tap wasn't doing it's best I had to heat up some water. It's all good though, I just removed it and am moving along.

The only thing that really is bothering me right now is the 2nd button from the top and how it came off. I used pliers and squeezed it back together, but I'm just not sure if it'll happen again.