Cars/General Automotive ruined my life.

tsxser

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sufu approved I'd guess but my dad bought this car in '91, it only has 120k miles on it and I honestly can't imagine a more fun casual car to drive. The old ones are way more fun than the newer ones... I also like that the old ones are goofy, they tried to make the new ones more hardcore and it just doesn't work. It's a miata for fucks sake!

W4OsTvf.jpg

PExEubY.jpg

something for you too on the windshield if you notice kiya...

Anyone have a miata as a project car?

This is the miata of a dude I knew in high school. http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/09/miata-that-could/

Maybe more up your alley...

Love the Miata.  Was trying to get one from your era early in the spring so I can have some fun during the summer months. 

I haven't been a fan of any of the new MX-5's but the newest model that just dropped looks gorgeous; almost looks like a baby F-type.

Nice man! 

I definitely recommend it, I have no clue how difficult they are to find (with reasonable miles) but I can only endorse your efforts! My uncle also has a Miata, a newer one, and it just isn't the same... I love that in the old miatas the length you need to travel to shift is kind of long, in some of the newer ones it you can shift in like half a second. Although I'm sure you could change the new one to make it differently, I prefer the more visceral experience of the old ones...

You're right, I just looked up the newest one and damn! Pretty killer. I'm glad that even though the looks have changed they've kept the spirit the same. Maybe you could go for one of those?

Didn't realize there was a car thread here.

Miatas are super fun to drive, although I look a bit silly in one honestly.

I knew a guy in college who was 6'7" and he drove a Miata, you could spot him around town with his head sticking out over the windshield.

Recently got a new ride myself, 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo.

wOzpJcg.jpg?1

DY90KFc.jpg?1

Love the Agate grey:

mjxYrS9.jpg?1

Honestly didn't expect to like the Macan, looks much better in person and drives a lot more like a 911 than a Cayenne.

Whow! we like bro's now.  i have a 2015 Macan S with sport chrono, air suspension, and the full Sport Design package.  I went a little HAM on it and got the Burmeister system installed at the factory.   Perfect every day car.   I think the comparison to the 911 is a bit too gratuitous, i own 3 911's and the Macan is nothing like a rear engined two-door sports car.   Regardless, it's wild fun and well designed.

Enjoy it.

Feels so good to get home and drive. Moreover, drive stick. Redlining gears and listening to the engine, music on, heat up and just driving to drive is the fuckin best. 

i really envy this mindset, i completely loathe driving and only do it when i absolutely have to.

Edited by conqueror

Nice Kiya! Didn't realize you were a Porsche guy.

I didn't get the air suspension or the Burmeister, the Bose does alright. I'm sure the Burmeister is just on a totally different level though.

Part of me regrets not getting the air suspension, the one I test drove did had it and it was so smooth.

Other than that it's fully loaded, sport chrono, 18 way seats, stainless steel skid plates, etc.

Drove a couple of 911's as well, but I needed something a bit more practical since this is my everyday car.

I guess where I was going with the 911 comparison is where most people thought the Macan would be upon arrival. Most anticipated it to be more Cayenne-like, but I feel that it's more inline with Porsche's tradition. Still completely different than a rear engine 911.

One day I hope to also have a 911, I'm a converted Porsche fan. I was also looking at a couple of Audi's and BMW's but this just stood out above the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got a new ride myself, 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo.

That thing is an absolute sleeper. My friend and I were in a B8 S4 pushing ~450hp and my buddy was in the Macan Turbo. The Porsche would eat the S4 off the line and while doing pulls from 60 or so. Crazy car and nice and comfortable. I enjoy the design too.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely is a car that many don't suspect has a lot of power, especially off the line.

Haven't gotten to really test the launch control yet, that needs to change soon.

Still can't get over the handling, I've taken it on a few hill country roads here in Austin and it doesn't skip a beat.

• 5 months later...

Man, been looking at a 4x4 for fun road trips recently. Want a Toyota for various reasons, but ppl are asking stupid money for a 275K mile example. Not looking for a garage queen, but something with "good bones" as they say. 

Anyone here got a 80/100 series Land Cruiser??

Man, been looking at a 4x4 for fun road trips recently. Want a Toyota for various reasons, but ppl are asking stupid money for a 275K mile example. Not looking for a garage queen, but something with "good bones" as they say. 

Anyone here got a 80/100 series Land Cruiser??

You want something with pure 4x4 (modern) capabilities or you want to be a cool guy at the same time?

I don't think cool guy is in the budget. Something that will get me remote places cheaply, safely, and if possible, comfortably. 

Where's your budget at for this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...