Cars/General Automotive ruined my life.

tsxser

I see a lot of vehicles that...reflect the age demographic of sufu. don't get me wrong, I drive a wrx wagon since new. recently, I've kinda fallen out of love with it. I'm curious to know. does anyone here drive a porsche? Of the aircooled variety? been daydreaming about an SC/G50 Carrera too much recently. 

I see a lot of vehicles that...reflect the age demographic of sufu. don't get me wrong, I drive a wrx wagon since new. recently, I've kinda fallen out of love with it. I'm curious to know. does anyone here drive a porsche? Of the aircooled variety? been daydreaming about an SC/G50 Carrera too much recently. 

I fucks with Porsche.  I've got a 996 and a 991, with a Macan S on the way.  

Looking for a 964 but i swear it's impossible to find a non-cab, non-auto version of one that's between 1992 and 1994.

I can't attest much to the G50 (other than everyone says it's better) but I have a decent amount of seat time in a '86 911 and it is fantastic. Even with the clutch at the end of its life, it was still fun to drive. It didn't get driven much but was reliable enough. I think 911 prices are also going up a bit recently, too.

Looking for a 964 but i swear it's impossible to find a non-cab, non-auto version of one that's between 1992 and 1994.

Ooh didn't know you got a 991!  Your 996 is a Mk2 cab right? I've also been looking at 996's, which is probably the more rational decision. However, I made a rational decision with the wrx, and I ain't getting younger. Not too many more chances for me to own something impractical. 

If I were to get a 996, it'd would most likely be a '99 Mk1 coupe with the LSD option. Fairly rare but they pop up on CL/Rennlist occasionally.

For the same money though. I can get into pristine SC, a decent 915 boxed 3.2, or a rough G50. I guess it really comes down to all the factors like price, proximity, value, color, trim, etc that will really push me over the edge.

P.S. Kiya, is your Macan S a diesel? 

Edited by fuego

Ooh didn't know you got a 991!  Your 996 is a Mk2 cab right? I've also been looking at 996's, which is probably the more rational decision. However, I made a rational decision with the wrx, and I ain't getting younger. Not too many more chances for me to own something impractical. 

If I were to get a 996, it'd would most likely be a '99 Mk1 coupe with the LSD option. Fairly rare but they pop up on CL/Rennlist occasionally.

For the same money though. I can get into pristine SC, a decent 915 boxed 3.2, or a rough G50. I guess it really comes down to all the factors like price, proximity, value, color, trim, etc that will really push me over the edge.

P.S. Kiya, is your Macan S a diesel? 

Yeah, it's a Mk2 cab (but removable hard-top, they didn't make many which had that feature).  Honest to God, it's almost more fun to drive than the new 991 (w/ PDK).  From a performance stand point you can't beat the new 911, but the older ones just feel so much more alive. 

The Macan S is gas, they haven't offered the diesel version in the US yet, i wanted a custom build and didn't want to wait.

Edited by kiya

anyone here drive a porsche? Of the aircooled variety?

I guess I get left out of the club :/ '86 951 here. Chipped, straight pipe, fun in the curves. Have always lusted after the 993 Turbos, but given all the relative appreciation, it'll be a while before I can afford one of those- Crazy how much prices have moved in just the last 1-2 years....

I have an E30 325es

A really good friend of mine has an ix. Such great cars. And I have to disagree w/ overpriced. They definitely have gone up in the last few years. But I have been looking at ix's in the past few months and found a few great deals

Adding my buddies E30 ix to the fold at the end of the month. Hopefully selling my Type3 this weekend, sad day (it was the first car I ever bought and it has been everywhere w/ me over the last 13 years but it's time). Flying to Tahoe after I get back from Europe to pick up the ix!

Hopefully some good photos soon to follow.

Edited by red baron

Go hammer the crap out of your car at a track day if you're getting that bored with it. And if you really are going to go Porsche, don't get a 996.

I just found a 964 (1993) with only 50k miles on it, it's boomtime.

how much k?

$40k.  Which is an insane deal considering what they go for on eBay now.  

Edit: Actually.. i've been looking for a manual non-turbo '93 or '94 911 on eBay for the last year and i've seen a total of two listed in an entire year.  Both had 150k+ miles on them and needed serious work in every regard.  This one i got has 48k miles, original paint, no accidents, and doesn't leak.  The stereo doesn't work at all (which doesn't matter cause i'll be replacing that) and there are three minor rock chips on the paint on the hood.

Edited by kiya

• 1 month later...

Got my car on the dyno and a more pro tune:

10454940_710613875661024_908969893524195

ZTdJdaY.gif

With a new non-Chinese intercooler (Apexi) installed, all boost leaks sorted, new oil filter housing off an EVO 9 that rotates the oil filter around to make access to the downpipe easier, weird silly issues, pushes around 386 AWHP pump, with good spool. My guy's going to do some better 4th gear tuning as there was some phantom knock. Compression is 190-188-188-190, which is good.

I've probably spent more on this car than a nice EVO at this point, but hey, black holes of money.

I could've bought a lot of ACR for how much this cost. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...