Cars/General Automotive ruined my life.

tsxser

dude, awww that thing is mint! why put a vtec in it?

why a vtec you ask?

-better engine

-better mpg

-more hp/torque

-i can finally add a proper a/c unit

-i'm also upgrading front and rear suspension and adding power steering for better handling...

in the end having a honda engine as opposed to the stock engine will be easier to upgrade/fix in the long run.

also, how goes it with your new Camaro, kiya?

Haven't gotten it yet, i only put money down.

From what i know i'm getting the first one in the Bay Area because i put money down so early, we'll see..

ahhh let us know when that happens. we're expecting custom denim interior soon.

anyways from the same user as the earlier vid i posted. I remember flipping through car mags in kinokuniya as a youngster and being liek WTF japanese mexis?! I can dig it though.

PH831OB7eTY

• 4 weeks later...

I just had a change of heart, i called the dealership and got my money back. No more Camaro, i think i was making a mistake, i don't think i'd be happy with a muscle car in the long run. I want something fast and nimble, not necessarily something that goes fast in a straight line.

I want a GT-R but i can't afford a new one. Fuck.

kiya...should buy mustang in that price range..

I test drove five cars, four were in my price range, all 2011 or 2012 models, and ALL were the highest end (fastest) version of the car they make.

Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Genesis 3.8 Track, and 911 Turbo.

The Camaro won, but the 911 was the dream car (which i couldn't afford).

The Challenger was more expensive than the Camaro, Genesis, and Mustang but was a piece of shit. I couldn't believe the interior materials and it handled very poorly.

If i won the lottery today i'd buy the 2012 GT-R, that car is next level ridiculous.

I test drove five cars, four were in my price range, all 2011 or 2012 models, and ALL were the highest end (fastest) version of the car they make.

Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Genesis 3.8 Track, and 911 Turbo.

The Camaro won, but the 911 was the dream car (which i couldn't afford).

The Challenger was more expensive than the Camaro, Genesis, and Mustang but was a piece of shit. I couldn't believe the interior materials and it handled very poorly.

If i won the lottery today i'd buy the 2012 GT-R, that car is next level ridiculous.

Used 996 GT3?

996 turbo? (unbelievably stout cars for doing mods on)

993 NA or TT?

Porsche . . . there is no substitute ;)

db (88 Carrera when I lived in SF)

I just had a change of heart, i called the dealership and got my money back. No more Camaro, i think i was making a mistake, i don't think i'd be happy with a muscle car in the long run. I want something fast and nimble, not necessarily something that goes fast in a straight line.

I want a GT-R but i can't afford a new one. Fuck.

Whoa, talk about a surprise.

Good call bailing on the Camaro.

Think of the GT-R as an investment - it will lose relatively very little $ over the course of your ownership and put a smile on your face each time you drive it.

Also, why not consider a C6 Z06? It can be a decent daily given your willing to sacrifice a few things for it.

Trust me, i really want the GT-R, but have you seen the price on the 2012??

Base model is $95,000! They've made so many advancements on the 2012 that if you're getting one you might as well spring for the new one, except you're looking at a $110,000 car after taxes even on the base version.

I agree about getting a 2012 GT-R vs. any other year. Unless Toyota releases a true sports car soon, I see myself considering a slightly used 2012+ GT-R in a few years. I'll let the 1st owner take the hit on the $30-$50k depreciation and try to pick it up where prices seem to be stabilizing on these, ~$60-$70K.

I take it the Corvette Z06 is not in consideration, perhaps because of the lack of a back seat? If that is the case, and what you're ultimately after is an everyday enthusiast's car with balls, I say take a look at the new Cadillac CTS-V, especially in wagon form. Can be had with a true manual transmission, >550hp/550lb-ft, and (except in the coupe) looks mean, especially in the Black Diamond paint scheme.

2011-Cadillac-CTS-V-Sport-Wagon-Black-Diamond-Edition-side-view.jpg

I already have a Cadillac CTS, i bought a 2011 six months ago (coupe, red), my wife drives it. We love it, but it's technically HER daily driver.

haha thanks. I have a matching shaved front bumper (rear has shaved rubstrip, don't know if it's noticeable in these pictures) just not the money to paint it yet. hopefully i'll be able to within the next month or two

• 4 months later...

I drive an 07 civic Si and I love it to death. Visually it's stock (sans lower via coilovers,) but I've gone the full N/A tuning route up to cams (intake, header, exhaust, Hondata, etc.) I went to a dyno meet & greet for Si owners after putting in the cams (but prior to re-tuning) and was up to something like 230HP, 165 ft/lbs... but that just sounds too high to me. After a couple of years of buying into dyno chat/hype and how many factors can alter the readout, I don't really care about numbers anymore. It's a blast to drive when I hoon it, and that's all I care about these days!

Every time I drive it, I wonder what it would've been like had I just saved up for a year or so and went down the turbo route. In the end, I'm satisfied with its daily driver reliability, and having some sort of turbo-related breakdown while away at school would be pretty inconvenient.

Paint sucks though; hood is chipped to shit. I'm not a big fan of the color anymore (rallye red) but it looks incredible immediately following a wash & wax. Not entirely sure what I want to upgrade to once I graduate, it seems to change once a month. Always loved s2000s, WRXs, and Zs. Can't ignore the new Mustangs any longer. I still catch myself reading up on the progress of the FT-86...

I drive an 07 civic Si and I love it to death. Visually it's stock (sans lower via coilovers,) but I've gone the full N/A tuning route up to cams (intake, header, exhaust, Hondata, etc.) I went to a dyno meet & greet for Si owners after putting in the cams (but prior to re-tuning) and was up to something like 230HP, 165 ft/lbs... but that just sounds too high to me. After a couple of years of buying into dyno chat/hype and how many factors can alter the readout, I don't really care about numbers anymore. It's a blast to drive when I hoon it, and that's all I care about these days!

Every time I drive it, I wonder what it would've been like had I just saved up for a year or so and went down the turbo route. In the end, I'm satisfied with its daily driver reliability, and having some sort of turbo-related breakdown while away at school would be pretty inconvenient.

Paint sucks though; hood is chipped to shit. I'm not a big fan of the color anymore (rallye red) but it looks incredible immediately following a wash & wax. Not entirely sure what I want to upgrade to once I graduate, it seems to change once a month. Always loved s2000s, WRXs, and Zs. Can't ignore the new Mustangs any longer. I still catch myself reading up on the progress of the FT-86...

naturally aspirated is the way to go. i drove turbo cars around for a long time from MR2s, 240SX, Impreza, etc. Gas mileage sucks, reliability goes out the door, always running hot and having to wait for turbos to cool down before turning off the car. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic piece of technology and certainly game changing but it's cheap power.

However, I may consider a supercharger for my Z in the future but I am still at 17xxx miles so it's a bit of ways before I dig into the engine. The Nismo is my benchmark for suspension though with no body roll and confidence inspiring stability when clipping the apex and corner exit. The Starlet is getting there but could be a bit stiffer with a roll cage. Once a 4AGE goes in though...

• 2 weeks later...