Cars/General Automotive ruined my life.

tsxser

^ naaaiice. I'm waiting to get employed before copping either a S30 or a 914.

Really? I was looking at the new 5.0s due to the price point. I drove one with a sports pack and came away pretty impressed. On the fence about the interior quality though. From what I understand the GT500 is a different beast though.

Yeah, i also didn't like the interior.

They redesigned the interior on the 2012 Camaro, it's pretty insane looking and the HUD (head up display) kinda changed my life the first time i saw it.

subie crew signing in. just hit around 105k on my 04 wrx. time to change out water pump, timing belt, also need to service the transmission and rear differential.

subaru paint is just absolute crap. paint on my hoodscoop just continues to chip away, have a replacement scoop to put on.

paint notwithstanding this car has been through alot and havent had too many problems with it.

I've owned 4 cars, all of them Toyota Celica GT-S'..

I'm about to buy my first non-Celica. I can't wait for the FT-86 to come out and they dropped the ball by making it a Scion which means it's gonna be cheapened and dumbed down for the American market.

at first they were saying low 20s now i believe its at least 25. and given scion's trend of just adding on tacky "mods" and all the fanboys lining up to buying them to dorifto its gonna cost too much.

and then who knows if we'll even see a subaru version on our shores but if it does then hopefully it will have awd and or turbo to differentiate it from the scion version..

regardless i really wish they just kept it a toyota...

That looks amazing, seriously.

Does anybody know price point? I've always been a Subaru fanboy since team 555 but...

Should be two versions from Scion, one being about 20k and another being about 24k.

That's very well done, good work.

It's simple and clean. My only concern would be the wheel well clearance.

Who knew Sufu users all had lowered cars.

• 3 weeks later...
ive been thinking of buying an mazda rx8 and im just if anyone owns one and has any advise what to look for or any problems that youve had

thanks

RX-8's are fantastic autocross cars but that's pretty much it. Horrible power to MPG ratio, high revving with no torque (A lot like Honda engines except with horrible gas milage), and engine I heard easily floods without proper care. Oil changes are going to be frequent due to the fact that the apex seals on the rotary will have to be re-lubed often. If you're okay with all of the above, it's a great car with a well designed chassis and some decent comfort amenities.

ive been thinking of buying an mazda rx8 and im just if anyone owns one and has any advise what to look for or any problems that youve had

thanks

high mileage? manual trans?

People have the following issues: High clutch engage rpm (otherwise you run the risk of stalling it, in which case the motor will flood). High mileage cars have their coil packs worn down usually. There is a mod to run GM coils, which are of a better quality and can last forever. Bcs often times the spark is not adequate in addition to already running rich, the cats can clog leading to high rpm power loss. Sadly, there isn't enough power to be too noticeable, but it is somewhat of a problem.

That's not to say I wouldn't buy an RX8 though. When released they were the only sports car capable of repeatable sustained 1.0+ lateral G's on non R compounds. Great sports cars, just expensive and finicky daily drivers.

Hey guys,

I have been lurking on here for a long time. I am sure I will be spending a lot of time in this thread. Love some of the Mini's I have seen! My cousin has an old one and I love that thing!

These are my babies...still a lot of work to be done.

l.jpg

l.jpg

my_t3___the_pumpkin_by_xliredbaron02-d3bgugb.jpg

so I have a similar question the rx-8 one on the last page, but for a Suzuki Samurai, anyone on sufu down with the offroaders?? Supposedly a sammy will rape anything in the snow/desert but cannot decide if I should pull the trigger on an 88' with 97k miles that someone is selling locally...

i've spent a few hours this week working on my e34. it's been stolen a while ago and i feel like it's not worth spending a couple of grand for a 310.000km car, so I washed it and vaccumed inside, changed and fixed a few things... i wish i didn't have to let it go but gas got more expensive and i have to insure cars on my own now and 240hp is impossible to insure at 21...

72139015171592502212.jpg

18107152415973600856.jpg

and my new car, 1998 Audi A4 1.6L, 101hp. quite underpowered, but you can still scare girls and give your friends a laugh if needed. it's got slightly hard suspension and ugly rims, but it's a lovely ride and something I can afford to insure and put gas on.

34618282291338106668.jpg

hey car rim guys. my OEM setup was 18x7.5 wheels with 225/40/R18 tires. i currently have 17x8 wheels with 225/45/R17 tires.

i should be able to put on 235/45/R17 tires without a problem right? my tires will just be wider?

thankksssss

i wanted to do that but i'm moving to sweden next year so i'll only bring the audi and i haven't got my motorycle license yet i'll take the test in whatever country it's easier to next year.

and unfortunately i won't sell the bimmer for much :( ... something like 1500€ or maybe 2000... someday when i've got more money i'll get an e34 M5 or a bi-turbo alpina. will post some cool pictures when i get home tomo.